CSFTA Winter League Round 4 - Newbury

Discussion in 'Calender Events' started by AndyIoW, Jan 4, 2012.

1. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Round 4 of the CSFTA Winter League

2. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Typical managed to screw this up :rolleyes:.

It is on the 8th not today :eek:

3. Woody

Woody The Chaser!

Club:
    Bisley, Member of the Ostler Air stripper club of GB!
    So Andy did you turn up at Newbury today, (on a Wednesday) for the Winter league comp?? :confused:

4. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

No Justin, trying to do it at work but forgot to click the Sunday to add it.

Got a bit of withdrawl symptoms at the moment been to long since my last shoot.

5. AndyS

AndyS Member

Club:
    Newbury, CSFTA
    Well course is out and set, did it last Saturday. Only gates and roping of firing line to finish this Saturday. We have several lanes in the field on what we normally use as the plinking range. Hope it stops raining before then. We are using part of the wood with rhodendron corner as last lane. Should be a good challenge and blow the Christmas cob-webs away.

6. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Thanks the Newbury Crew

Would like to thank Andy and co for turning out a first class shoot today with the weather to boot , was some what lost by the lack of a Newbury wind today roll on the next round .
    Cheers Don:)

7. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Well done all for today... a nice start to the 2nd half of the season :)

8. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

The group from the Isle of Wight would also like to thank Newbury for a good course.

One of our junior members made a cracking start by tripling here previous highest scope of 7 (quite a few changes to equipment since that scoe at Buccaneers ground last year). Would not stop talking about it on way home.

See you all at Meon in 3 weeks time.

9. neilL

neilL New Member

Club:
    NOFTC CRPC
    uphill physically

Hi
    OK, I am somewhat aged and recovering from abdominal surgeries (August and December) so I found the course interesting but somewhat painful. It was almost entirely uphill (just a few lanes at the end of the course were flat-ish) and this was hard on right-handers. I am still some ways off having any core strength/stamina and so standers were pretty wobbly for me. It would have been great if I were able to shoot left-handed :)

Otherwise it was lovely to get out and I enjoyed the sunshine and fresh air. The early risers benefited, I think, from a lighter Newbury breeze but that valley is always fun, more so when the leaves have fallen and you can't really see the movement until the pellet hits the plate hahaha. I was happy with my 32 all considered but my insides are less happy today. I used to suffer from back pain (and the hill would have been bad for that) but the long lay-off from shooting seems to have helped. My personal thanks to my good club-mate Tony Elderfield who helped me by lugging the gun to the next lane a few times when it was really getting to me.

Cheers
    Neil

(No bowel cancer anymore but no colon either!)

10. Woody

Woody The Chaser!

Club:
    Bisley, Member of the Ostler Air stripper club of GB!

It was good to see you back out on an FT course Neil, good shooting too!