CSFTA Winter League - Carisbrooke Round 1

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by AndyIoW, Sep 14, 2009.

1. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

With the the CSFTA Winter League starting in 4 weeks time, the Carisbrooke club have started to work out what and were we are going to put the lanes and targets. We have the luxury of being able to leave 80% of our targets out so we can plan a course over a few weeks.

Our mission this weekend was to mark the firing points and then work out the location of the targets and if able to put some out. Well we have marked 15 firing points in the woody part and placed 20 targets. It is our intention to limit the amount of ferns and bushes to be trimmed to keep the whole thing as natural as possible.

Unfortunately when deciding the locations of a couple of the longer targets it seems that our mark 1 eyeball measuring system is a bit out :rolleyes: (by nearly 40ft ). Next week we will try and do the remaining 5 lanes and tidy up the footpaths.

Some of the final 5 lanes targets are in a field with animals so can only be done on the morning of the shoot but some are the other side of the fence so we will be able to do those.

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Nice one Andy... looking forward to this.

3. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Cheers Rob, I suppose you could say that being the first round means that you set the standard for the rest of the league.

Being able to set a course out over a few weekends means that we can try and make it as interesting and challenging as possible to all the grades and by minimising the removal of the foliage means the wind can do some wierd and wonderfull things to the pellets which make you shake your head.

Also the email yesterday measn that I checked the rules to find the small mistake on the positionals:D . Course will be in a J shape so the wind I have no doubt will be subtle :rolleyes: in its movement.

4. RobF

Club:
    Yeh, I know the IOW wind. Looks subtle but is devastating in effect. :D

5. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Got told yesterday that we might be having a BBQ on the Sunday but will double check during the week and confirm it.

Just checking the 7 day forecast for the weather and it looks like it should be cloudy but dry and a light wind:( . just got some tidying up to do and complete some odds and ends on our new bridge which is wider and has no steps to slide on like the old one.

Details of the shoot and directions to it are here

6. RobF

Club:
    cool.

this should be like shooting at dustbin lids after the worlds... (there's that's jinxed me)

mind you, how are we going to live with a world champ in the region this year...:eek:

7. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    Hello Andy.

For those of us who do not know, what is the CSFTA? and is it open to anyone?

Gary

8. RobF

Club:
    Central Southern Field Target Association.

The FT Shoots, which are what Andy is putting on this weekend, are open to anyone in the club and holding a BFTA card.

I'm not sure how the HFT shoots are run, but there should be details on www.csfta.co.uk :)

9. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    See you all Sunday ,let the fun begin:)
    Cheers Don:shot: