CSFTA Showdown.

Discussion in 'Calender Events' started by AndyIoW, Feb 24, 2009.

1. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

This years CSFTA Showdown will be at the Carisbrooke ground on the Isle of Wight.

Our 2nd go at the Showdown and anyone who has been there before knows how tricky it can be at times.

Ferries are found Wightlink or Red Funnel.

A pack giving the location for all those that have not been before will be at the North Oxon Shoot, also there will be a number of vouchers for 15% off on the Red Funnel ferries, these will be 1st come 1 served bais unfortunately.

There will not be any food but there will be Tea and Coffee available.

Intentionis to start promptly at 10am but that may slip but will know nearer the time.

2. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Been working on some of the courses today, working out where the firing lines are going and the most interesting target positions.

We currently feel the courses are going to be balanced for right and left handers on the hilly bits. We are trying to make this as good as any other Winter Shoot with a mixture of difficult, interesting and the fool you out targets.

3. alan-aitch

alan-aitch I'll practice tomorrow...............

Club:
    Bisley
    Andy,

If you have an electronic version of the info pack, email it to me and I will put it on the CSFTA website.

Alan.

4. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Will send it to you tonight once I have checked everything.Will be bringing a few up to N. Oxon as well just in case.

5. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Update

2 and a half courses have been put out now wislt also checking that none exceed the max distances allowed. Next weekend we will be putting the final touches to it, painting and checking the targets for each course, clearing all the tiny twigs so Rob does not have to have the whistle blown :p and the 101 other things that seem to need doing.

Hope to see you all next weekend and have fun.

6. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Virtually Done

2 courses completely done, and only 4 lanes to do on the 3 rd course in the morning due to livestock in the fields.

The weather looks good, just a few other odds and sods to do in the morning and we will be ready. Personally really knackered after being on my feet all day today, so do not think I will do well tomorrow.

The draw of who will be starting on what lane and with whom will be done as you book in. Want to build up the atmosphere at the start of the day.

See you all on Sunday.:)

7. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Good stuff Andy.

Booked on the 6am ferry (cos the next one was 7.30)... forgot to stick in the voucher... 4.30 start for me... i won't be too bright either.

8. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    On the 7am ferry early start for me as well,:rolleyes:
    Hope they is not to much wind,i get sea sick on a mill pond:eek:
    cheers Villiers

9. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    10mph northerlys... it will be like a millpond... if it wasn't 6 am and freezing i'd ski across :D