CSFTA FT Round 5 Meon Valley @ Hen Wood

Discussion in 'Calender Events' started by RobF, Jan 24, 2012.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    CSFTA FT Round 4 Meon Valley @ Hen Wood

For those that don't know it, the route in and location is on the club map here

Food won't be there but there will be toilet facilities and 40 targets set out in one of the south's best grounds. Hopefully the wind will be along for the ride as well as it was last weekend.

Post codes to the entrance near by are on the map or on the club website http://www.mvac.co.uk/

See ya there

Rob

2. shinything

shinything New Member

Club:
    carisbrooke
    I think it is round 5 rob, looking forward to this one i have heard it is a very nice ground.

3. RobF

Club:
    Corrected :D

It is... hopefully the course will do it some justice... will be subtle but if the wind blows, interesting :D

4. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Thank you

Thanks to the team at Meon Valley for a cracking day out with nice weather to boot.
    Cheers Don

5. RobF

Club:
    Many thanks to everyone for an enjoyable day at Hen.

Early lead by Terry with 37 was pipped by a perfect under pressure 38 from Cliffy, then trumped by Steve Privett on 39, equalled by Tim Goodall at the end of the day to keep it very tight at the top. 5 rounds and there is one target between 1st and 2nd, and another between 3rd. :)

Although Cliffy may have missed out on top honours, he's £10 the richer along with Aidan Giles who is no doubt celebrating his 35 in C grade.

35 seemed to be something of a regular occurance, taking top honors in A and B grade as well.

With 47 shooters in attendance it was a nice reward for the massive amount of help Meon and Newbury gave to lend a hand setting and crashing the course, whose members I can't thank enough. We'll have to think of more things to do with the ground in the summer.

Roll on Bisley :D

6. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    you forgot to mention H tied with you. She will be having you soon lol:D

7. alan-aitch

alan-aitch I'll practice tomorrow...............

Club:
    Bisley
    Yep, another good one. Well done Rob and all your helpers.

Nice to see some Meonites having a go too.

Alan.

8. neilL

neilL New Member

Club:
    NOFTC CRPC
    Wind wot wind...

Hi
    I enjoyed the shoot so thanks for all the effort put in setting it up. First few lanes I was doing well and thought I had the light wind under control but then .... the "wind" started to blow from the left then right again but nothing was moving worth going out of kill for. Must be cold air flowing down the hill, no must be gun going strange (darn Anschutz!) then one went right more than a KZ even though a definite wind from right. WTH? Must be the Density Altitude change with a horizontal component from Coriolis' Force.

Then I noticed that the hasty windicator I put on used a cable tie (just like other ones) but .... it was too thick for the gap between cylinder and barrel and every time I put the gun in the bag it rotated and again when it came out, etc ... sound of head smacking .. off with the cable tie and now pellets make sense again ...

Sigh. Of course I blame the govt or bankers or OK it was my bad :)

All good fun.

Cheers
    Neil

9. TimG

TimG Member

Club:
    Southampton Buccaneers
    Thanks to all for a great morning at Meon. Spectacular views from that small mountain you shoot on!.

10. suds

suds Senior member

Club:
    Wendover ARC
    Thanks for a great shoot, my first time at Meon valley and really enjoyed it. Dave P

11. shinything

shinything New Member

Club:
    carisbrooke
    Really enjoyed todays course thanks to rob and all the others who helped to make the course, I also beat my pb of 28 with a 29 steady improment but hey all in the right direction.

12. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

On behalf of the Carisbrooke mob I would like to say what a good day it was for a shoot. Interesting ground and wind.

As not even featuring in the team in this round, those that did will now have to shoot with other people rather than the club members to get experience and knowledge from other shooters. Mick Winstanley has agreed to go round with 'Pinky' :D (my nickname for her) at Bisley and as she can definately talk. Just about got her head in the door of the car home ;) :p .

PS. Comment from our lady members was that the men need to get thier aim in the toilet as good as there shooting :rolleyes: :D. They did find it most amusing watching it rock and roll when people went in and out.

13. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    So was she top score of the Island :)

14. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Yes she was. Beat me by 2. I blame the twig on target 2 I hit that put me off for the next lane as well ;) .

Here next stage of training is to shoot around with memebrs from other clubs. Mick Winstanley has agreed to be the first. Both Alan and Mcik (Woodhead) said it would be best to get her used to shooitng a GP (if she wants to )