CSFTA FT Round 1

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by AndyIoW, Oct 11, 2009.

1. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

I would like to thank on behalf of the club all those that came to the 1st round of the CSFTA FT shoots. Glad the wether held off to be just cloudy for the shooting. Rained a bit in the mornign and then after the shoot had finished.

I hpe that all that shot enjoyed the course and the wind proved as tricky as normal. It goes to show that a FT course does not need to be full of long distance targets, when you use the terrain and weather to make even those target that look 'jimmees' tricky.

See you all at Newbury for Round 2 on the 1st November

2. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Cheers Andy thanks very much for another testing shoot.How can leaves blow two ways at the same time about ten yards apart:confused:
    Don:shot:

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Well done Andy, nice to see a course that wasn't maxed everything, had targets for everyone, and made full use of the angles and scenery, tight enough to keep the pressure on, but no clearance was likely... a good start for the series.

Well done to Dave Cooling for his first ever win outside Christchurch. (I don't think the rest of the absent team could ask for anything more ;)... )

Next stop, Newbury on the 1st Nov.

Scores are up here and there are some pics here

4. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FTC
    Well done Dave, Nice shooting. :)

5. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Even local knowledge does not help. I mean even I got targets missed on both side of the kill when everything else was saying it should go one way:(:eek:

I am hoping that the course today showed that a course does not have to have a massive amount of long targets but a mixture of all sorts and with conditions that could confuse range finding (ask Rob about those).

Only 2 targets at max distance and the rest between 7yds (reducer) to just over 52yds. Also learnt not to have 2 lanes next to each other and no matter what there will always be twigs/grass that gets in the way :rolleyes: .

6. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Yep, still can't believe that a) I ranged a 45ish as 52 and that b) it fell over!

Thanks also to Alan for getting the scores back and up so fast!