crosman premium lights 7.9 grain

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by realtree al, Apr 19, 2013.

1. realtree al

realtree al Member

Club:
    Bedlay airgun club
    as above has anyone used these pellets before any answers appreciated cheers are they any good for hft and 10m pistol shooting

2. Ratinator

Ratinator 77.74

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    power sappers

Very hard pellet material wise,and have heard them refured to has power sapper's.
    Pretty sure accupel is the same pellet,so buy a tin rather than a box of 1200, i think.
    Cracking pellet for hunting with a lamp,the flat spot in the skirt look's like a trasser bullet.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  3. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Prems

7.9 prems are not for every one . the new dies ( no numbers on the new ones ) are a very , very tight fit . the ones to have all supposing you can get em are DIE TWO . but they are selling on flea bay for up to £50 a box , to collectors .if you want to try em , use mozzies ??? HOLLY:)

4. luddite

luddite I Love HFT

They are also very dirty.

Zenith 007 loves them, I get very tight groups and less windage is needed with the Zenith.

As reported they are very tight in the barrel and sap power.

Set up for JSB 8.44s the 7.9s give the same power.

5. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

I had 2 boxes of die 2 and they where very good, i used them in an S200 barrel which loved them, the hard lead does tend to not mould into the rifling so some air will escape past them as they travel down the barrel resulting in lower power than you would see with softer JSB pellets.

6. vfrod

vfrod New Member

Very good results in my Tau MK-300. If your barrel likes the CPL it ´s a good option to have in consideration, they have a very good ballistic. You have to check how they take the wind with your setup.
    Regards

7. James0807

James0807 Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    I would stick to J.S.B if I were you!

8. DeanB

DeanB Active Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    What does "new dies" mean? I have two boxes of Die 2 wich are dated Jan 10 2008. Thought the best dies were from well before then.
    Dean

9. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Premier die#2 circa 1996 were great. My Ripley AR5s loved them as well as my 77K and my MK2 Rapid I had at the time. Have 1 unopened box sat on my shelf.

10. DeanB

DeanB Active Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    I tried the Prems a few years ago. In an EV2, I found the newer Prems moved the point of impact along way compared to 8.4 JSB exacts (no surprise). But they ran almost the same over the chono.
    Dean

11. Gary Martin

Gary Martin sultans of spring

Club:
    harriers field target
    crossman 7.9

tried them my ev2 hated them, muzzle velocity was the same as jsb 8.44g without changing a thing. they grouped well to 40 yards then after that grouped like a shotgun, all over the place. you have to try them to find out if your barrel likes them. as i say mine didn't. they also seem a hard pellet, well made though, there was no sizing on the tin, but were a tight fit probably around 4.53, my barrel likes 4.52.

12. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Mine

Mine are 97 .they came in a box of 4 , called a crate ??? HOLLY:)

13. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Similar to above comments ...

I have some Daystate Lis which are supposedly Prems from a single Die. I also have some Prems that Amac kindly gave to me.

Both pellets similar in size ... which is enormous ... and you have to push hard to get them in the HW77.

They were very accurate in the 77 up to 30 to 35 yards but then the slightest wind seemed to blow them about and groups were poor at 40 and 45 yards compared to 8.4gr JSB/AA.

I've tried them in a BSA S10 barrel but only at short ranges ... 15 yards up the garden. This S10 barrel doesn't like anything other than 10.6gr Bis Mags normally but it did keep putting 5 pellets of Prems 7.9gr through the very same 0.177 hole at 15 yards ... but that's only 15 yards. Not tried it at longer ranges yet. When I push a 4.52 JB/AA pellet through the BSA barrel they basically fall through ( I suppose the thin tails will open up under pressure ) but these larger Prems seem to push through tighter so maybe they will suit this barrel. Won't know until I've tried them at range.