Cronograph

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Redriper, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Redriper

Redriper Member

Does any one have a copy of the Cronograph Rules for the GPs ? regarding yellow cards etc ?? the only thing I can find is rule 9 on the BFTA web
    Need this for weekend.

2. saddler

saddler Phil Gee

Club:
    Millride
    It's under Main Shoot Rules, Rule 3

3. EQUIPMENT TESTING
    The Organisers must reserve the right to Chronograph any Rifle or Pistol used at any shoot that is subject to the BFTA rules, to ensure compliance with legal requirements. This can be done before, during, or after the shoot at the Chief Marshals discretion

a. The BFTA has declared a maximum pellet speed for rifles of 5 fps below the 12 ft/lbs limit; this is for the actual pellet being used by the shooter on the day.
    5fps below 6 ft/lbs will apply for pistols.

b. (Non Grand Prix Series Competitions) A minimum of one registering shot and a max of 3 registering shots will be allowed over the chronograph, no power adjustments are permitted once the competitor has started the competition. Failure of the gun to comply with 3a. above will disqualify that gun for the whole event. Any competitor whose gun fails the chronograph test will have their card marked as void but they may complete the course if they wish with another gun (See Rule 17 - FIRING LINE CONDUCT) to help maintain the group they are shooting in.

(Grand Prix Series Competitions) A minimum of one registering shot and a maximum of 3 registering shots will be allowed over the chronograph, if the gun registers over the Current Legal Limit the shooter will be asked to remove the gun from the course. If the gun registers over the BFTA Limit but under the Current Legal Limit the shooter will receive a YELLOW CARD. On the issue of the first YELLOW CARD the shooter will receive a warning, will be allowed to carry on with the Competition and his/her score will count. On the issue of a second or subsequent YELLOW CARD during the season the score will be void.

c. Deformed pellets may not be used for the testing process (see Penalties, Rule 14) and to this end the Chronograph Marshal may request visual examination of pellets before loading and/or after insertion into the Competitors Gun but before the breech is closed.

3. Redriper

Redriper Member

Thanks I will print it off now.:)

4. Ratinator

Ratinator 77.74

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    gp chrono's

would be good if there was a copy of this at each gp in the future.

5. TOOL

TOOL Independent FT Pumper

Humber Bridge , Barrow-on-Humber in Bomber County
    Club:
    EFTA England

Wouldn't it be sensible to print this off to avoid any confusion ,laminate it so it is clear for all to see as they approach the chrono ?

Just a thought for what it's worth ?

6. saddler

saddler Phil Gee

Club:
    Millride
    Yeah, I'll do it.

I'll add the common pellet weights and the legal limit and the BFTA limit too.

I'll do 7.3, 7.9, 8.44 and 10.6

Are there any other common pellet weights being used?

7. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

The shoot rules state that a copy of the rules and clubs insurance should be clearly on display at the booking in point.

8. Shaun

Shaun Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Harriers
    I'll second that :)

9. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Chrono rules

Lads,

Chris asked about this on my behalf so I can have them there to ensure there is no confusion etc on Sunday at Nelson. Thankfully Chris has a printer that works haahaaa...

It is something that should be at all the GP's though......

Phil the chart for pellet weights would be a great help, any chance you can bring one with you for Sunday as it appears I might spend a bit of time on the chrono ensuring there are no issues etc.

Thanks fella.... See you all Sunday bright and early.

Berty

10. saddler

saddler Phil Gee

Club:
    Millride
    I guess the most popular weights are 7.3, 7.9, 8.44 and the occasional 10.33 & 10.6

Pellet Weight Legal Limit BFTA Limit
    2 7.3 860 855
    3 7.9 827 822
    4 8.44 800 795
    5 10.33 723 718
    6 10.6 714 709

If there is a pellet weight not on the chart, use the following:

square root of (5402880/pellet weight)

11. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Chart

Phil,

Do me that favour bud bring the chart etc sunday please bud...

Berty