Converting Steyr LG 110 into Connect model !

Discussion in 'Tips, tricks and tutorials' started by Iberian68, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Iberian68

Iberian68 New Member

Hi

and i apologise if this has already been covered before but it seems (to me at least) that the LG 110 fixed and Connect models share the same components ? and only 15 minutes work with the provided allen keys converts your fixed model into the connect.. Please let me know if i'm missing something as they appear to be £200 difference in price....

Cheers Mike

2. Knockedover

Knockedover Active Member

The connect model stock comes off via one grub screw, the fixed model involves removing the pistol grip, pistol grip attaching bar and then the stock section can be removed. Not quite the same parts as far as I'm aware.

3. Iberian68

Iberian68 New Member

thanks for reply.....

all of the parts are identical tho and simply a matter of reversing a couple of grub screws and reassembling and then you can remove the stock by simply unscrewing the grub screw found through the access hole in the plastic cover....

4. wiseguy

wiseguy Active Member

Club:
    DFTA
    Indeed according the exploded view this seems to be the case on the LG110, the LG100 is different (knob).
    Regards,
    Rob

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  5. CameronWilson

CameronWilson Member

Club:
    JGARC
    There are two 'Connect' stocks.

The version with the lever to the right of the pistol grip is most commonly found on the LG 100.

But you are quite correct, on the LG 110, by twisting the respective components through 180 º, you can effectively turn your 'fixed' model into a 'connect' model (where the rear stock can be detached using a single grubscrew).

6. Iberian68

Iberian68 New Member

thanks for the confirmation....

all i did was remove the stock from part 161 by loosening screw 81.... then undid screw 164 that allows you to remove the grip tightening assembly and re insert it into the top of 161 and re tighten 164... then reverse screw 81 and reassemble rifle...now you have access to screw 81 through the hole in the plastic cover 166......

7. CameronWilson

CameronWilson Member

Club:
    JGARC
    From memory, I think it's part #161 on the exploded parts list, which has to be rotated, thus allowing access to screw #81 through the trigger guard.

I had a 'fixed' Steyr, which was actually a 'Connect', with part #161 rotated and the rear stock glued in place. The conversion took about 10 mins, once I figured out what was required.

8. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC
    Not all LG110 can be converted easily in this way. Earlier LG110 have a large diameter (M6) grub screw which cant be removed through the steel sleve from the alloy stock casting. the screw has the steel riveted over and should be loostened only not removed. The stock endis bonded in place and should be carefully heated in a vice and carefully removed. Can be done but care is needed not to damage the parts.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  9. TxemaD

TxemaD Member

Club:
    Lupiana FT, AZCFT.
    Hi mates, thanks for your advices.

Now my Steyr is "Connect", serial 4300, rotated the #161 and #163 parts, reversed the #81 screw that's very hard to unscrew with glue (be careful don't damage it).

Mi next objective, a Peli 1700 case: http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1700 :D

10. moorsman

moorsman New Member

Steyr 110 Exploded diagram/parts list

Can some one tell me where I can download one of these please?

11. CoolId

CoolId New Member