Contacting Steve at Ripley

Discussion in 'Ripley' started by Pete236, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Pete236

Pete236 Little Member

Club:
    Newbury Air Rifle Club
    Evening all.

I've got an XL9 on order from Steve (a bit of an early mid-life crisis!) and I'm just pondering a few things.

It's nearly 6 months since I ordered it over the phone, and 3 months since I went up to visit and have a look around Steve's Aladdin's cave (he has the workshop that I have always dreamed about!)

He didn't give me any idea of a completion date, but the accepted norm seems to be between 18 weeks and 6 months - so with any luck it will be ready fairly soon.

I'm quite keen to get a time/date as it's a long way for me to travel to pick it up, and will need some logistics (getting the money sorted etc) but I also don't want to annoy Steve and make a nuisance of myself.

Ought I to just keep quiet and wait? Or should I drop him an email and ask if he has a rough idea of completion?

I just can't decide (I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...)

Cheers folks!
    Pete.

2. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    I don't imagine Steve is an "e-mail" kind of guy tbh? ;)
    If it was me I'd give him a courtesy call without being "pushy"? :D

Pete236 likes this.
  3. Pete236

Pete236 Little Member

Club:
    Newbury Air Rifle Club
    You're not wrong! I don't think he is much of a phone guy either though, last time I spoke to him I hardly got a word out of him (and being a soft southerner, the accent took some getting used to?)

But I will have to bite the bullet (or pellet) and give him a call in the next week of two.

Cheers!

milek and MickyFinn like this.