Competing and Scoring

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by fireblade, Oct 18, 2018.

?

Can a shooter compete for more than 1 region in their summer/winter regions in the UK

1. Yes.

64.3%
  2. No

21.4%
  3. That's just greedy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. What's wrong with it

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    A question for those who can explain,
    Is it Allowable to be a Member of Multiple Clubs But only 1 Region, and still be eligible for all regions grading, scoring and Trophy's? In Summer or Winter leagues?.

MickyFinn likes this.
  2. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

It would depend upon the rules for each individual league. For example to compete for the MFTA winter league you have to have a BFTA number from a MFTA club (although visitors always welcome). This might not apply to all regions though.
    James

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I have... I was CSFTA BFTA card holder, and also a member of a SWEFTA club and their league is open to all SWEFTA club members.

CSFTA runs the same as MFTA, to compete in WL you have to be a BFTA card holder, or a member of the club hosting that round, or have written agreement from the host club and the comp sec's permission. Visitors are also welcome, but their scores and their effect of their scores don't count in the league. Their grades are submitted to the BFTA along with CSFTA.

Monty likes this.
  4. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Mendip & Shebbear
    Some of the SWEFTA guys are also members of WAFTA clubs and shoot the WAFTA winter league as SWEFTA does not currently have a WL.

DazF and RobF like this.
  5. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    Interesting, but do their scores count in the wafta tables?

6. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    9 votes but only 3 points of view posted, who's not playing lol

7. dave croucher

dave croucher FT, the sport where simple becomes complicated

I aint got enough time to shoot region's WL. But still like to visit other regions on occaision

Evo likes this.
  8. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Mendip & Shebbear
    No idea, I was just saying some of the lads shoot both regions.

9. Evo

Evo Scouser by Birth mfta shooter by choice

Club:
    ByleyFTC, the Dib,Blackbrook
    sorry guys, fireblade is having a dig at myself due to leaving the northwest region and shooting for the midlands,hes basically having a go,

ok now i,ll tell him why this was done,

1 i left the northwest because i have shot these grounds for the last 2 1/2 years and basically felt that i needed to have a change because i was feeling as if i was going through the motions,
    2,the reason i signed for a midlands club and also registered this with the BFTA is because 1.. the northwest picks its inters team from their league, as i was not going to shoot this league it meant i had no chance of representing the northwest in the inter regionals and 2, if i didnt move my BFTA number to the midlands then i would not have been able to compete for a place in their regional team or teams, so basically in english i had to sign on for a midland club and move my BFTA number so i could hopefully on merit get into the regionals team and shoot for the midlands, if i didnt do this i would of been left in limbo without any chance of me shooting the inters,due to wanting to improve i personally think this was the right thing to do, i also understand that i will have to earn a place in the midlands team but that is better than not having a chance at all,
    3,i have only been shooting a 1/10th of the time as the op above and if im honest im trying to run before i can walk but im prepared to put the hours in to get to were i want to be, if this means moving region to improve then so be it but that is my decision and im happy with it,

lets not forget i am also a member of not 1 but 2 northwest clubs in Byley and the dib, so whats your problem Dave why are you and the chairman trying to stop me shooting northwest comps if i want to, thats what this thread has been started for and its pathetic, grow up,, you should be encouraging shooters to shoot instead of chasing people away, i am only gonna shoot the dib competitions in the northwest and the reason for that is i have GOOD FRIENDS that run the place and most importantly its on a saturday as well so it will not clash with my midland comps, stop getting all ate up ,,because i,m not interested in shooting any other comp in the northwest but im sorry Dave i am entitled to shoot the showdown weather you like it or not because i am still a member of the northwest via byley and the Dib and still will be, also i am a member until the end of the winter league when my membership runs out

gdavison, C.Eaton, skydog and 2 others like this.
  10. what barn door

what barn door Now them tin chickens are going to get it....

Club:
    Kingsley
    At Evo, your explanation sounds like a good way to put people off FT if you ask me. I can't see that you have done anything wrong and you'r probably better off not being in the clubs that just can't get enough rules. At the end of the day it's a sport/hobby I think you will eventually end up not bothering with the clubs that love red tape so much and end up with the clubs that prefer to get on with the shooting, if it get's really bad you could just move over to HFT ;)

Evo likes this.
  11. DazF

DazF Active Member

Club:
    Mendip FTC and Oaktree FTC
    I personally do not see a problem with what Bob is doing. I too have membership of a SWEFTA and a WAFTA club.

Evo and NeilM like this.
  12. FTJimH

FTJimH Devonshire Dumplin, and a big one at that.

Club:
    Buckley Wood, Quarry
    I shoot for SWEFTA have a SWEFTA BFTA number but if I want to shoot WAFTA winter league I just have to be a member and my scores count in both. Nothing wrong with shooting more than one winter league if you want to try and win and shoot somewhere else!

13. wrecker

wrecker 2018 British Champion. Member of the 50 Club

Club:
    Castle
    download-1.jpg

14. Evo

Club:
    the clubs im a member of are fine about it,, its just a certain individual who is behaving as if he owns the nwfta,, little does he know HE DOESN,T, lol

its a very sad affair when you have to post something like this on a forum, and all i want to do is shoot against some of the best in the country and improve

ianspire and DazF like this.
  15. Welsh Wizard

Welsh Wizard FT: You Give, You take! Staff Member

Club:
    Oaktree
    Well said Bob.

ianspire and Darron like this.
  16. skydog

skydog Talent Is Overrated

Club:
    The Dib
    There is nothing in the NWFTA constitution that states a person can only be a member of a single club within the region to compete in regional competitions, and if the NWFTA has a set of explicit or understood regulations or principles governing conduct or procedure within our particular area of activity I can’t find them online. There is no online reference to regional eligibility within the BFTA other than the procedure for changing BFTA Card numbers from one region to another.

So unless you come up with verifiable information, yes, it is allowed.

Darron and Evo like this.
  17. ellis d

ellis d Active Member

Club:
    Castle ftc
    Don't worry about it, you've joined a good region "mfta" just enjoy your shooting in the midlands....

Evo likes this.
  18. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    Well BOB, this post was not intended to goad you into anything, it was merely put up to see how other regions handled similar issues because a question had been posed to myself which i felt needed studying.
    However it does seem you do have issues, as you and your bud Simon seem to be taking great interest in me of late, by insulting myself and also my shooting friends on facebook and going as far as to altering an official BFTA document on this forum to take the pee out of a fellow NWFTA shooter and now against me on here, i have not lowered myself to reply to previous comments made, however it appears to me that you are 'on a mission' and trying to gain supporters for what ever reason you have.
    I shall tell everyone a little bit about myself,
    I am not, in anyway in control of anything or anyone other than myself ( besides handling Tawd vale memberships ), to me everything is black and white, right or wrong, good and bad and rules are rules, i do not like bullies, i do not like people who abuse their positions of trust and authority, i do not like injustice and i really really really dont like loopholes, because unsurprisingly someone will always try to exploit them for their own gains.
    So if you think i have something against yourself you are wrong!.
    I couldn't care less what you do, you are just someone i've met along the way.
    Keep Calm and Carry On.

19. Evo

Club:
    firstly dave you have not been insulted, im not gonna comment anymore on the matter , i prefer to sort this face to face as if im honest ive enough on my plate at the moment, a bit of banter flying around i can accept as can others but if you give then you should take also see you very soon, i cant speak for simon because he is his own man , also dave i have no interest in you whatsoever so were ya get that from is beyond me, first i knew about all this is when i was told certain people are trying to stop me shooting the northwest, so thats that, i,ll leave it there and simon can reply for himself but what went on with simon and now you mentioned names Darren Elmer has nothing to do with myself or you for that matter so do you not think it better if we both stay out of that I DO

DazF and Darron like this.
  20. nemesis

nemesis 55yrd standing expert, or was it 8 or 9?

All reet all reet karm darn, :D come and shoot NEFTA too Bob if you want to shoot against the best lol.
    Hope to see ya at Redfearns on Sunday pal..........Da really doo need da do do dat doe to get better doe.:D