Cometa Exact Express Pellets

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by planner, Feb 3, 2014.

1. planner

planner New Member

Hi all.
    I want to carry out some comparrison testing between my current batch of JSB Exact Express pellets (4.52 cal) and some Cometa Exact Express pellets, which look to be the same but in a re-badged tin. As they don't appear to be available in the UK, any ideas where is the best place in Europe to buy the odd tin without having to spend as much or more on the delivery charge? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

The reason for this is I'm not very happy just lately with the quality of a batch of JSB Exact Express pellets I bought from Intershoot. Instead of the nice bright shiny pellets that I have come to know and love, the ones in this batch are all dark grey and dull due to oxidisation. I have complained to Intershoot, but they deny knowledge of a batch problem and assured me that the colour should not effect accuracy or consistency, but that I may need to clean the barrel more frequently and I must say I'm not entirely convinced by this. I have thought about trying to chemicaly remove the oxide coating, but having spoken to a chemist pal of mine it appears that lead is difficult stuff in that respect - that's what makes it so effective on roofs.

So, as the Cometa Express pellets that I have seen are all nice, bright and shiny; it's time to get some and do some testing.

Cheers All,
    Ian

2. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Have you shot the off colour pellets to see if they group at your chosen ranges (hft 45 or ft 55 yards).
    If they do, dont worry be happy:)

If they dont, give the gun to a better shooter than you?

Cant say when i was using them i came across many poor express pellets no matter what colour?

3. Mally106

Mally106 Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Express

Off eBay from Portugal tins arrive in good condition and speedy delivery

4. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

I bought half a dozen tins of Cometa's to compare them, the 10.3gn ones, I had presumed it would be part of 1 sleeve but I had 4 different batch numbers amongst those few tins. I ended up with 1 tin that my gun didn't like. So if that matters to you clarify when ordering them.

5. Lavant_Lad

Lavant_Lad Old Git.

Club:
    Redfearns FTC. & Steve Smith's Dinnington.
    Dull 7.9 JSB Express pellets.

Ive just gone through a sleeve of the 7.9grn Express from Intershoot.
    And although they were very dull/ dark in colour were just as good as the shinny ones.
    A fellow club member also had some of the dull pellets, and found no difference in their accuracy.
    Both using Steyrs.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  6. Andy006

Andy006 Member

What about the Cometa Exact RS pellets? They are lighter still. Anyone tried them?