Club practice shoot.

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by AndyIoW, Jan 2, 2011.

1. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

This being the first time we have had a 'proper' practice shoot, 4 of the club members decided to have a little competition between ourselves over 40 shots aka Winter Shoot style. Usually seem to be sorting things out before getting to do any shooting and end up doing 10 or 20 shots at the end of the day.

Weather was nice but with what I would call a 'Bisley' (those that have shot there know what I mean ;) ) wind. Considering that 3 put the 4 had changes to there setups done over the 3 weeks i.e. scopes, it gave us a chance to see if all was well.

Shot a 31/40 which included 2 'wild' shots and the remaining for windage usually about a pellet width out (not using my weighed pellets). The others shot a 29, 22, 16. Each of us was taking the P out of each other ad generally trying to make each other miss. All light hearted and we all felt that the misses were mainly for wind and not being able to tell if it was left right or middle.

We are now all looking forward to next weekend at Newbury. It will probably mean that it will got to pot but what do we care :D

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    See you there Andy :)

3. Shaqa

Shaqa New Member