Chrono differences

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by paul4be, Mar 3, 2013.

1. paul4be

paul4be Why do I bother????????

Club:
    Darlington RA
    Doing my head in now.
    How much difference do you see between different chronos?

Always used my F1 to set up, and seeing Express 7.9's spitting out at around 810-815 fps.
    Got a Skan Pro 1 to use indoors if needed, but that is showing around 30fps less.

Obviously something going on so I borrowed a Combro hoping that it would confirm one or the other. Combro is showing a few fps less than the F1, but not much (less than 10fps).

Would appear that the Skan is not quite right, but how do I pick the bones out of that lot??????

2. Lavant_Lad

Lavant_Lad Old Git.

Club:
    Redfearns FTC. & Steve Smith's Dinnington.
    Chronoitis

Paul, try pellets all at the same weight eg, down to .01grn that should reduce the variance somewhat.
    I could bring some very sensitive scales on Sunday if you wish.:)

3. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    I dont rate the F1 that highly.
    we have one in club and results are very dependant on light levels. fps can as you say be anything from 10 -30+ fps depending on light!

We know use a pro chrono digital (same dosh as f1) and get far better and consistant results.

My Ostler ev is pretty consistant with pellets straight from tin, I dont weigh pellets for chrono use as not needed with jsb exact.

Combro are pretty good for the money. Worth getting one for occasional checking

What you need is to find / set the the power of your gun on a chrono your going to be "tested" on.
    eg, if your going to Shoot Bfta events its not good your F1 saying your doing 810 and bfta says 830.

Top tip, set the gun up at just over 11ft/lb use it, forget the chrono, only really needed by a gunsmith!

4. paul4be

paul4be Why do I bother????????

Club:
    Darlington RA
    Thanks Peter.
    Less than 10fps variation I am not going to bother about. Yours and my F1 were not too far away, so I recon they are somewhere about right.
    Think I need to be more accurate with the pellet path through the Skan before I condem it. May well put the rifle in a rest so that it is properly level.
    I am not going to go as far as weighing pellets though :eek:o:eek:o:eek:o

You will be pleased to know that I did not shoot your Combro :D

5. Lavant_Lad

Lavant_Lad Old Git.

Club:
    Redfearns FTC. & Steve Smith's Dinnington.
    So my Combro lives to fight another day, thats good news thanks. lol