Christmas shooting stocking fillers...

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by RobF, Dec 14, 2013.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Anyone got any things they'd recommend for fellow shooters? I know a few respectives that scan the forum, so now is not too late to mention...

Shall we say £50 limit?

I'll kick off with Napier Universal Cleaning Mat...

[​IMG]

I've had one of these for about 3-4 years now, not having a proper work bench, this protects my table, carpet, floor or whatever else i decide is the worst place to pull a gun apart and the get messy liquids out... it's thick enough that it will take a strong cut with a sharp blade without going through, a stiff hit with a punch pin without going through, and will absorb 1/2 a pot of spilled oil without soaking through. There's little holders for tins n stuff which I don't use that much, but the nice thing is it rolls up small. The back seems to have a non slip effect which means it stays roughly in place even on smooth surfaces. It will take my rig without any of it touching the surface.

It's about £30, but is cheaper than the towels, table, carpet it will protect, and saves the headache when the other 1/2 finds out.

Ozzy has done a review which I stumbled upon when looking up stockists...

http://www.gunmart.net/accessories_review/napier_universal_cleaning_mat

2. neilL

neilL New Member

Club:
    NOFTC CRPC
    I really like having my pellet box/sorter, variously badged as H&N or Anschutz, etc. Cheap enough and a great way of ensuring you have 100 pellets which are visually free from crumpled skirts, etc. £13.50 on Intershoot but other air rifle accessory suppliers likely have them (http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/ahg-Anschutz-Pellet-Box---Sorter-154.html for reference).

Very handy on the bench or zero range but not so good on an FT course as it is all too easy for a pellet to wobble out of the recess and get bent :)

3. JerryD

JerryD Member

Club:
    Hereward FT&ARC
  4. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
  5. TOOL

TOOL Independent FT Pumper

Humber Bridge , Barrow-on-Humber in Bomber County
    Club:
    EFTA England
  6. Ds4

Ds4 New Member

Club:
    M.A.D
    I'll second both the Napier gun mat and the H&N pellet boxes. I use the gun mat mainly for my shotguns and find it just a nat's thingy too short for those but it's fine for the rifles. The pellet boxes are great too for keeping either sorted/weighed pellets in good shape or for carrying batches of the right amount of pellets for your between-charges sweet spot.

The other thing I really rate is the Megaline hard rifle cases. I don't think they are common in the UK but I got one from the Bay of E. The good bits are: easy to clean because the outside is fairly smooth and not ridged, good steel hinges, the clasps are not aggravating like the Plano and Flambau ones, they just line up properly and work and they do cases that are shorter than the Plano and Flambau's which are more suited to our rifles.

http://www.megaline.it/catalogo.aspx?lng=EN&cdl=0401221416580626&fl=Valige&mod=l

The price is ok too.

ATB Mark

7. Doberman1979

Doberman1979 Not so senior member

Club:
    Emley
  8. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

Is that a Browning Buckmark in .22lr ???