Change of direction?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by PaulD, Nov 10, 2013.

1. PaulD

PaulD I like Feinwerkbau's

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    I'm seriously disalusioned with shooting and FT in particular at the moment (the Steyr has broken me) so I've decided to have a break over the winter and if I don't get my enthusiasm back I'll be selling all my shooting gear and get back to my one true love of classic motorcycles ;)

2. Jinx

Jinx Non member

As with anything mate, if you do it all the time, you will have good and bad days.
    Selling all your gear would maybe be something you might regret though ?

Take a break as you said, and do something else for a bit.
    I ride bikes myself and go out with friends for runs. Doing that too often gets boring too though.

I would advise AGAINST selling your kit though. Just put it away and see how you feel in a bit.:)

3. saltydog

saltydog I smell something fishy

Club:
    Mid Ulster, Tawd Vale
    :eek: Your not serious Paul are you take sometime of for sure thing down some gear (you have plenty) be a shame to lose you mate :(

4. PaulD

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    I'm just not getting the same "buzz" I used to get from FT :(
    The Steyr hasn't helped with the problems I've had but that besides I think it's time to move on!

5. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    give it time

Paul
    I no exactly how you feel,i have had my own demon's to deal with this season but i'm glad i have put them to bed now.
    Unlike you i have nothing to fall back on so it would mean starting afresh on something new.
    Have a break maybe ride one of your bike's to a shoot or two,and i am sure the bug will geta grip of you again:)
    Chin up
    Simon

Attached Files:

6. rich

rich Active Member

Take up an indoor paper punching discipline for the winter, and come back to FT afresh next year, or the year after. You may be pleased to know that indoor LSR helps with your FT standers...........;)

7. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Are you your wife?

8. raygun

raygun Non member

Hi Paul,
    I think I was at the start of your recent FT career when we chatted at that BASC Roadshow.
    You have (in my opinion) done exceptionally well since then. If your fed up then take a break. Keep your kit, although you may wish to change some of it, but do come back to airgunning.

There's nothing wrong with sharing your love of Classic Bikes with bunging a few pellets down range on occasion.

ATB
    Ray.

9. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Paul

Paul i have just read this . don't do it . there is no better hobby that FT . you just need to sort a good reliable accurate , not to expensive rifle . flog the steyr . flog the March . buy a classic bike . get a 2002 shutz . you can get one for £ 600 ish . it won't let you down , accurate and cheap . stick the big nikko on top . you reckon you can make a stock . do it . get some fun back in your life . just sold my BMW on flea bay . bought a honda hornet 600 cc . bit on the slow side , only 14,000 rpm and a 140 mph . just the job for getting to local shoots . in your case get an nice AJS 650 CSR and away you go . keep going cos otherwise i won't have anybody to beat ??? HOLLY:):D:eek:

PS you old tart :cool:

10. blackscale

blackscale Member

Don't know anything about FT but i do know a few people in HFT that have been very nearly broken by their Steyr!!
    A reliable rifle will do so much more for your confidence and enjoyment...:D:D

The Steyr is like a classy lady, high maintenance and you still might not get what you want...:rolleyes::D

As Holly says, put some fun back into it! Goodluck :D

11. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Paul, is the Steyr ok now or are you still having problems?.

If you fancy a break and can get the rifle to me i would be happy to give it a good fettling to see if i can find what's wrong.....i have more than enough spares to swap out. Even a spare barrel to try if all else fails.:)

There'd be no charge for time and i would only expect payment for parts replaced, i wouldn't replace anything with out asking first. genuine offer mate, lets see if we can get your mojo back.:)

12. Lol Moore

Lol Moore Banned

Club:
    Ford & Oaks
    Wow

The above offer is alone a reason to keep shooting fella, where else would someone so unselfishly offer that level of support ;)

13. PaulD

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words of encouragement and especially Chris for the offer of help. I'll have a break over the winter (I don't like the cold & wet anyway ;) ) when the weather turns nicer I'll see how I feel about the sport and make a decision then.

14. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    Switch to a springer for the winter league! One of two things will happen:
    1. It will rekindle your interest, or...
    2. It will put you off FT for life!

Either way, the decision won't be hard! :D

15. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

No worries Mate...sometimes i have dips with my shooting, that's why for the first time this year i didn't do the full UKAHFT season.

Have a good hibernation and if you still need help next year you know where i am.:)