Champion match glasses

Discussion in 'Paper Punching' started by rr-rob, Oct 22, 2019.

1. rr-rob

rr-rob New Member

Club:
    n/a
    I have placed above in the wanted section but is there a cheaper new alternative for starting out on match target shooting please ?

paul.w likes this.
  2. Brimfire

Brimfire New Member

Club:
    GARC
    Yep, there's a very cheap alternative.

But it ain't pretty...

EEEOE.jpg

There's a knockabout 10m competition at our club (GARC.) One of the guys has a very nice pair of Champion Glasses with an adjustable iris.

I've tried them and they're The Business but I can't justify that sort of money at my low skill level. That said, formative years watching Blue Peter and a touch of ingenuity led to the above device.
    It's a pair of cheapo, non prescription reading glasses combined with two telescopic inspection mirrors chopped down and cable tied to the frame legs. The black round mirror (glass removed) has a 1.5mm hole drilled in the centre as an iris and the left mirror was cut down and fitted with a piece of translucent plastic from a gallon can to act as a blinder. The ball joints allow positioning of the iris and for the blinder to be swivelled out of view for reloading.

I bought the left inspection mirror for £2.65, everything else I had lying about in my toolbox.

Not in any, any way comparable to Champion or Varga glasses but they were made as a bit of fun and a Proof of Concept.

Fiddly? A little.
    Odd looking? A lot.
    Effective? Oh yes!

3. rr-rob

rr-rob New Member

Club:
    n/a
    Many thanks for this, very resourceful and clever, used Champion Olympic earlier model seems to be about £65 and I’m ok with that, right eye has astigmatism so it is a bit of trial and error, nevertheless I appreciate your time and thought that you have put into this, thank you