Carbon Tube

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by rubi-tong, Nov 25, 2009.

1. rubi-tong

rubi-tong Bernies MY *****

Hi all, well my ProTarget is finally here and glorious it is too. It's got a full length cylinder and shroud on it but i'm replacing the cylinder with a carbine one (when I work out how to undo it, it's TIGHT) and also replacing the shroud with a carbon one and an alloy stripper. I've sorced a company who will make a tube to any measurement. My barrel is 15mm diameter but should I get the carbon 15mm internal diameter or give it half a mil so it slides on but not too sloppy. I'm fitting a collar to the breach end so it will fit in the shroud recess and leaving the carbon short at the muzzle end to allow a stripper to fit that will be a smooth transition from the carbon (thats where P Dutton is coming into the project)
    The measurement I had in mind is a 15.5mm I/D with an 18.5mm O/D, it comes in a 4x4 Twill high gloss finish but in a 1250mm length.
    Does anyone want to buy the remaining carbon tube from me, around 700mm. if you are interested then drop me a PM.

2. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Are you sure your barrel is 15mm OD ?? if so one of Don Old's Carbon tubes may fit

I've got a few off cuts you could try for size

3. rubi-tong

Pretty sure, although I hav'nt measured with any electronic gauges. Just a ruler and Eye, I'll borrow some gauges as soon as and get it proper before I buy or try, But i'll take you up on the offer of trying some on sunday if you don't mind Pete. Who's old tube were you meaning? and are you up for making a stripper simular style to the Walther Hunter you were selling not so long ago, thats the look i'm after.
    Regards Mark

4. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Don Old (Villiers on here) makes Carbon tubing, I think he's done some other sizes but mainly did it to fit the 15mm Walther Barrels

5. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    I don't think Don can make them anymore. I'm sure he will clarify if he see's this.

6. rubi-tong

Cheers Pete, i'll try him. Just measured again and it looks closer to 15mm than 16mm by my eyes. I only need 375mm of it too. would you make me a stripper when I find out the O/D?
    Regards, Mark

7. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

I got UK Neil to sort the stripper and C/Fibre shroud for my CRX;):D

8. rubi-tong

UK Neil made me a shroud for my old HW100 and although it was very well made I did'nt like the Carbon as it was "plain", the type i'm after is a twill wrap, usually 2x2 but i've found a company who does a 4x4. It's not badly priced at £36.55 for a 1250mm length. But if I could get the carbon in or around the length i need for less then great.

9. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Interesting Chris :D

I actually asked Don before I saw this as I wanted a carbon shroud for the CRX too - sadly he is unable to help at this moment in time .

HTH

Dave

10. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

I'll knock some pics up tomorrow and send them over mate, the CRX is better than my Wolf i just need to get it into a stock that fits me:(

11. Ste Hughes

Ste Hughes Daystate's whipping boy

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    got a link? :D

12. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Yes no problem Mark, I can do it in Ally, Delrin or possibly in Carbon Firbe depending on the quality of the piece you get.

I have a spare 15mm OD Carbon Fibre stripper in my bag so remind me on Sunday & we'll see if it fits your barrel, I'll also try to remember my Vernier's so we can measure the barrel exactly.

13. rubi-tong

Yes Pete i'll be there Sunday, what time do you usually get there for? We can measure the barrel before I zero the rifle in as the scope will have to come off.
    I'd like an alloy stripper that is the same diameter as the O/S diameter of the carbon. Like the one in the picture.
    Do you know how to get the ends of the cylinder? Is there any special tools I need to use as it's really tight. Want to put a carbine one on there!
    Mark

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009