Cant make it!!

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by George Rounce 1, May 14, 2010.

1. George Rounce 1

George Rounce 1 Hello!!!!

Im so sorry if this is short notice but i am unable to shoot at bisley on the 23rd of may, this is due to a broken arm i picked up playing rugby on a school field trip to Wales. if it makes anyone feel better play had to be stoped because sheep started wandering on the pitch!!:p
    Good luck to everyone who is shooting and i will see you all at the next event
    George.
    P.S anyone know how long my cast has to stay on as its really starting to itch:eek::eek:

2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

When did you actually break it George? It could be sheep fleas/ticks in the cast if it was put on in Wales!!:D

I remember a certain World champ shooting a UKAHFT round with a broken arm so and you;ve git a couple of weeks.;):)

3. Ste Hughes

Ste Hughes Daystate's whipping boy

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    kite rods are good to stop the itches - there the only thing i could find that would fit between the cast and my arm when i did mine :D

4. George Rounce 1

George Rounce 1 Hello!!!!

Its a buckle fracture and it happend two days ago so im not expecting much to happen in one and a half weeks but i will see what its like on the 22nd and take a view from there i suppose.
    After all i may feel fine but its my mum ive got to pursuade.:eek::confused:

5. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Cheers George, hope the arm gets better soon.

Pete

6. Cop Out & Dead Shot

Cop Out & Dead Shot Member

George, as to how long the cast will stay on depends on how badly you've broken it, mine was on for 7 weeks, i've heard of minor breaks being on for around 3 weeks and bad breaks well over 12!!!! FYI unscented talcum powder down the cast works a treat. Poking rods, knitting needles, skewers etc down work short term but if you cut your skin - infection.

7. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I smashed an ankle when I was young and was walking on it in 2 weeks, (after 10 days in hospital) and when I was about 30 i broke my scaphoid (tiny bone in wrist)... that and a few other bits in the same area... that took 9 weeks. The leg i did at the same time took 6 and i couldn't walk on it after the cast came off.

You should have a nice touch of monkey paw when the case comes off... that and load of edam of paris as well :D