UKAHFT can you "click" in HFT?

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Questions and Answers' started by john0neuk, Dec 11, 2014.

1. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Guys,

Just a quick one - I know you cant parallax to range find or indeed touch it - but can you "click" to visually estimated range before taking position - reason I ask is I have a nice scope but with no mildots so holdover is a bit tricky - but it clicks lovely so was wondering could I use it or just should I ship it out.

Appreciate bracketing would be out without mildots but as it was a bargain and very nice - waswondering if I could put it to good use!

2. poison dwarf

poison dwarf BANNED

Club:
    tondu /quarry
    Once set you cant alter your scope in any way after that first whistle :)
    I have the same problem. stunning glass, clear from 10 to 45 but duplex ret :(

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  3. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Cheers, shame - I may just give it a run anyway as I cover 15 to 40 by moving the cross hair up and down on the kill disc anyway so probably only a couple of estimates needed re holdover for the nearest and furthest.

Kr

4. robsue20

robsue20 Member

SWEFTA rules for hft are a bit different to the rest of the world, ie you can alter your parallax between shots, but not while looking through the scope at a target. Should all be available on the swefta website.

5. madplinker

madplinker Member

Hi

You cannot touch your scope at all in HFT. You select your settings at the beginning then use same ones throughout the course.

6. hw100kt

hw100kt New Member

Club:
    Buckley Wood agc
    Swefta rules you can adjust your scope between shots but not in uk rules depends what your going to shoot