Camping at Rivi.

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by raygun, Jul 11, 2011.

1. raygun

raygun Non member

There will be no charge for camping on the Saturday night before the comp on the Sunday.

As there is livestock on the site we do have to impose a few pleases :)

Please keep any dogs under full control at all times.
    Please do not use open fires. Disposable BBQ's are O.K. as are camping stoves.
    Please keep the area tidy.
    Please do not camp on the Golf Course :D
    No sheep in the tents :eek:

There is no water supply on site so you will have to bring your own supply. We will endeavour to have some water available but it won't be a never ending supply.

ATB
    Ray.

2. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

No sheep in the tents

Thats just not on what are the
    Welsh going to do ??????we hav;nt got any on site like yourselves ,I;m thinking I;ll have to ship some in for August double header.
    looking forward to Rivi
    cheers Ian

3. raygun

raygun Non member

The Burger Van will be on site for Saturday afternoon and will be open into the evening.

Early breakfast will also be available on the Sunday.

ATB
    Ray.

4. Amac

Amac Active Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Ray,

I notice that you have failed to mention to our visitors that the West Pennine Moors are frequented by "The mad sheep monster" from Blackburn. Often to be found parking a small blue Nissan prior to the donning of an old sheep fleece and rounding up some likely victims for his strange rituals.

I believe the monster responds favorably to the offer of some old German gun parts, so a bag full of old gun bits can be left as an offering outside your tent. This should prevent any more "incidents."

Andy

5. alan 1946

alan 1946 New Member

"Sheep Monster"of West Pennine Moors

This sheep monster is it reputed to live under a certain bridge in the vicinity of the West Pennine Moors ? the legend of the sheep monster has long been told to the local inhabitants children.Never to venture out on the moor after dark and only during the day when part of a group Any of our members who doubt the story should get in touch with our friend Andyj from Tawd Vale Club it is said albeit in hushed tones that Andy has caught a glimps of of this creature on camcorder whilst the beast was peeping from under the bridge.Please remember i never said this Cheers Alan 1946......

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  6. Amac

Amac Active Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    If he hasn't yet turned to stone Al it cant be true!

7. AndyJ

AndyJ Member

Club:
    Rivi
    It is true, this quick glimpse was captured before it dissapeared into darkness muttering something about leather washers and springs

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  8. alan 1946

alan 1946 New Member

AHA see Andy i told you i did, i did. didnt i ??? Andy "Tawd Vale" has furnished us with the proof.Im so pleased that we can give our fellow shooters from around the country.A heads up as to what could they could encounter should they wish to camp on The West Pennine Moor Any further sightings will be posted on this thread.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  9. Whitecross

Whitecross New Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Alan

So as not to confuse our visitors it would be best to refer to the moor by its proper title, The West Pennine Moor. Previously people have asked for directions to Rivington when they have been within a stone s throw of the ground and have been directed, quite rightly, to the other side of Bolton.:eek::mad:

Nearest Postcode:
    Tower Dr, Turton, Bolton BL7 0HG, See post re-road closure.

Map Ref:
    Outdoor range @53.631916,-2.413387.

10. alan 1946

alan 1946 New Member

The west pennine mad sheep monster!!!ARGH

The latest sighting has been reported by a group of itenerant Rumanian gypsies.They were resting overnight on the moor prior to the journey to Blackpool to ply their trade selling potent cures and various elixers.Beneficiall to, People suffering from Ague,swamp fever,berry berry,and numerous other obscure and weird aillments.They had settled down for the night and before they knew what was upon them two donkeys,one tent (including the occupants) that included a mum two rumanian infants and a crosseyed ferret named Hawkeye Vanished as into thin air(theres not a lot of fat air in the vicinity) .The local Constabulary took their statements and a large ammount of there exotic unctions.The campers werer taken to a local hostelry to spend the the remains of the night at" Durty Gurtys" home for gentile folk. A report from the police is imminent......Please watch this thread...

11. Amac

Amac Active Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Seeing as I am camping with our guests on Saturday night Al, I will of course be doing the usual patrol of the camps perimeter armed with a large wooden mallet a lively terrier and a blunderbuss. In the event of discovering said beast, at least this time i will hopefully be able to wound it before it has its wicked way. Bye the way, have you checked the moon phase Al?

Andy

12. I. J.

I. J. Member

The post code for Turton Tower is BL7 0HG.
    Please allow a little extra time for road closures and possible Iron Man competitions. :mad:

ATB
    Ian