Camp beds

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Knockedover, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

After another cracking weekend at MAD camping I have come to the conclusion that the airbed I've been vowing never to use again for the last 2 yrs just has to go. Sometimes something going down on you in the midle of the night isn't a bad thing but when its a leaky air bed and you end up laying on what feels like builders rubble and walking like a pile riddled pensioner in the morning its just not ideal :eek::eek::D
    So what would the hardened campers out there recommend?? Taking into account that I'm a few pounds heavier than your average HFT athlete :rolleyes::eek::D and that it has to take two people...
    Cheers :)

2. w-v-m

w-v-m Member

Club:
    Missed it's
    I exceed the recommended load of my Tesco cheapie (single), by about 50%.
    Its been used about 10 times now, still stays up.

Agreed though, good weekend.

3. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Don't know about doubles Vin but if you go for Mil Surplus go for the yank ones, the UK Mil ones are rubbish for the larger HFT Athlete:D:D

4. g.l.w

g.l.w Wonky

Carp fishing bedchair?? Range from around £35 upto £100 , but dont roll off em....Mind they arent that high !!:):)

5. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

Think my one was an Asda one, not really sure why it goes down:confused: Maybe its a bit porous??

Will have a look around mate

I've got one for my fishing Geoff but its far to bulky to take most of the time as space is usually limited, would be nice though, always sleep reasonably well on it :)

6. McMurphy

McMurphy New Member

Have a look in Argos, I got a really good campbed from there a few years ago for not a great deal of money.

7. Weevie

Weevie Banned

Halfords do a fold up camp bed for £20. I've got one (although I won't be camping again ever anywhere after the Worlds! :eek::D but it'll do for putting people up overnight).

Takes about a minute to fold out and you can actually sit on it without it tipping over too!

Folded up and in it's bag it's about 3 feet long by about 6 inches deep by about 8 inches wide.