Calling any anodisers...

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Stevenjdowd, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Stevenjdowd

Stevenjdowd New Member

Hi fellas
    Considering anodising the HW45 Blackstar. Anyone out there capable and willing to take on such a task? I've sent out some quote requetss to the industrial anodisers online but figure I'd rather give the job to those who really know guns (if reasonable).
    What would/should this cost :confused:
    Appreciate any feedback.

2. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    What metal is it made of

Unless its made of aluminium or possibly alloy you won't be able to get it anodised.
    Think you'll find you will need it chemical blacked,may be wrong but I'm sure an expert will be along shortly.

3. pjp61

pjp61 New Member

Club:
    Darlington RA
    As above - anodising for aluminium - blacking/bluing for steel - or nickel plate if you want it shiny :)

4. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Active Member

I think the frame and "slide" on the HW45 are cast ally (they're definitely castings of some description) however I think this is unsuitable for anodising as it usually contains an elevated level of Silicone (used to aid the casting process) which causes problems when trying to apply a finish such as anodising..