Calling all TM1000 owners

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by john0neuk, Dec 5, 2014.

1. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Guys

Just a quick one, have just acquired a TM but have one slight issue and was wondering if anyone has had the same and resolved.
    The cocking lever closes under its own weight even if you have the barrel pointing slightly down. PITA as when I am in position I cock it reach for a pellet etc 9 times out of 10 the probe has slid back in the hole!
    Spoke to RAW via email, they suggested I lag the cocking arm pin in sticky grease! While it would work - probably! it wasn't the answer I expected from a company that makes engineering of this quality. Was hoping I could re tension it or similar. But the beautifully engineered action and stainless hex head that holds or forms the pin can't crimp down any more.
    So sourcing some Ptfe shim washers that I hope can take up the slack. But just wondering if anyone has the same issue or found a solution.

Love the rifle by the way.
    Kr

2. TheOldDog

TheOldDog HFT Newbie

Club:
    Meon Valley
    I own a TM1000 the action moving forward is really just down to superior engineering I live with it I'm sure you will to

3. john0neuk

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    That's certainly one view :)

Cheers anyway

4. matt goodson

matt goodson New Member

Any extra grease in such an area will just attract more dirt, I wouldnt do it myself.

5. john0neuk

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Agree grease has its place but not there I fear! My PTFE shims have arrived so will see how that goes.

Kr

6. andrew27473

andrew27473 Member

Club:
    Clwyd phoenix ft
    My BM 500 action it the same.Why didn't they fit a return spring like the HW100 has it make sense to me to do it that way.

What's the finish on you cylinder like is painted?

7. 666

666 Non member

Mine is painted.

Pete

8. john0neuk

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Guys,

A slightly compressed .5mm ptfe washer has done the trick. Ideally I think a .25m wavy sprung washer in 6mm internal and 10mm OD would do the job better, but I couldn't find any. So had to press it in a vice to thin it down but got there in the end. Still nice and slick but stays where it is put, which I personally find easier.

If anyone wants PTFE washers I had to buy in bulk so free to anyone that wants them.

Note the stainless pin with the hex head that holds the arm in - is itself held in by a 2 mm grub screw so loosen that off first - I thought it was a oil well hole at first!

Re the cylinder I am not sure it is painted but has a powder coat or rubberised finish to it. Bit like a hydrographic dip in off white. Must admit I thought it was going to be anodised like the action in this sun reflective matt silver they talk about in the reviews etc - which I really like.

Just a word of warning if you have a carbon shroud there is a series of baffles inside one of which is machined ally - it is very delicate due to the radial holes drilled in it - don't ask how I found out..........! Hand tightened the shroud back in place and it parted - now in two bits - a call to UK Neil is in the offing! Gutted!

Its loud with out a shroud!!

9. Tone

Tone Member

Club:
    Bristol Aero & Quarry Hunters
    John

RAW calls it a 'gravity operated self closing mechanism' :D

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  10. Tone

Tone Member

Club:
    John

You cant leave anything alone can you :p

All the TM1000's that I have seen including mine operate in the same way as your one does, and to be honest, it doesn't bother me :lev

Your fix does sound interesting though :cool:

Tony

11. john0neuk

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Best hobby in the world?

Tone,
    Playing with the engineering side is part of the fun for me:eek:o and seeing the differences in care and approach! :lev Hence my gun selection goes from hand built - ISP, precision engineered TM1000, mass produced "limited" run (hopefully not just a marketing ploy and they put some love in it) Daystate Plati, best of German engineering precision and mass produced Walther and HW100 respectively, and finally through to arguably best of British mass produced AA Ev2 and Pro Target. Add in quality wood work, (Art - from Garry, Warren and Steve ) and mix that up with a dose of skill (limited in my case:confused:) and for me :-

"you have one of the best hobbies/competitive sports in the world!"

It's also cheaper than fishing (boat) or golf!:shot:

Kr

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  12. john0neuk

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Guys,
    Managed to put a few hundred shots through the TM1000 today. Bolt fix works perfect and even shooting without the shroud it wasn't too noisy. Grouped really well out to 55 yds off the rest using 4.52 JSB Exact express. Really pleased with it and it mates with the Bushnell Elite very well.
    So had a good finish to the weekend even if it started a bit iffy!
    Kr

13. Tone

Tone Member

Club:
    Well done John, glad it has worked out.

14. john0neuk

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    cheers mate!

kr

15. Damo1

Damo1 version 2.0

Club:
    Castle
    Tm

Hi john when you say groups what are we talking ? Just interested :)

16. john0neuk

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Tm1000

Today was blustery, cold and wet, so nothing too spectacular! All off the bench using a small sand bag. Was doing 5 shot groups on HFT ranging targets. Able to put them in the 40 kill zone fairly easily out to 45 yds waiting for lulls etc and also 3 or 4 out of 5 in the 20 kill zone. So nothing spectacular but enough to prove to me the gun will do what I need. At 55 bit more of a lottery but just firing at the 40mm kill zone and letting them drop where the wind took them again showed a good degree of consistency with the express 4.52 - not a lot of science applied just getting a feel for it over say 200 shots.

Even in the weather today it was ragged hole group out to 25 and simple knockdowns out to 40 Yards, however the 15mm reset at 50 was beyond my skills in the blustery conditions though.