Bye bye from Baltipal

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Baltipal, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Hi all, it's been along while since I've posted on here & I'm running the risk of the community whispering a collective, "WHO??????" I dropped out of competitive FT last year, some might say I did that long before :D, with a clear intension of returning this year but things changed & now I'm finding myself selling up & moving on.
    Sitting here I find myself reflecting on all the things I'll miss about FT, apart from the very many targets I missed over the last four years or so & the main thing will be all of you, all the many friends I made on the circuit who listened to my many excuses with patience offering comiserations & advice & made every Shoot a thing to look forward to. I've met some top folks through FT, real Ladies & Gents & each & everyone of you will live long in my memory.
    Good luck & Good shooting to you all & if I have the good fortune to come across any of you again I'd be a happier man for it!:)
    Think well of Baltipal, he did very little harm really, bye all;).

Greg

2. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Back .

You will be back . you can take the man out of FT . but you cannot take FT out of the man . once bitten ??? HOLLY

3. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Sad to see you go Greg

Greg,

I was speaking to Shaun and Phil etc on Saturday and they explained to me that you was going out of the sport. I have to say I was suprised by the news aand saddened fella.

It is a massive shame to see one of the good guys leave the sport but if you have moved on fella I understand. Things differ for people as life moves on etc bud.....

You take care of yourself and fingers crossed we will cross paths again in the future.....

All the best

Mark "Berty" Bassett and Natalie.......

4. Shaun

Shaun Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Harriers
    Adios amigo :(

5. saddler

saddler Phil Gee

Club:
    Millride
    Greg, it won't be the same without you.

6. Ripleysniper

Ripleysniper Team Walther 2011

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen
    Goodbye

Sorry to see you retire for a while Greg I know you will be back soon all the best.

7. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Look forward to seeing you again Greg, it took me 15 years to find the road back as I said, dont waste as many years as me being away.

Best wishes to you.

8. Tesla

Tesla Member

Club:
    AFTE ( Euskadi F.T.Association)
    Hola amigo.
    I can't accept your decission mate. I'm very very sad for it. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    Our Open will be not the same without you. This year will be a empty chair in the Etxeberri hotel terrasse waiting for you mate!...and in the cider restaurant too.
    It remains some months to this event , so.....let's take a break to think slowly about your decission.
    Give us all a chance and yourself one too.
    Hasta pronto amigo.
    See you soon mate!

9. loopyloo

loopyloo Member

Club:
    Bisley
    Top banana :)

Will miss you so dont be a stranger.

loopy

10. Photoguy2910

Photoguy2910 Member

I know we have only met a couple of times when you came upto Dunfermline for the GP's, but I will miss seeing you. I was out of FT too for a number of years, hope you make it back.

Good luck with whatever happens

David

11. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Hey Greg, saddened to hear you leaving the the sport you love... obviously something behind the decision, but wish you all the best in what ever you get up to, and like others said, don't be a stranger... you don't have to shoot to be a part of FT :)

Take care mate, and hope one day you can come back and play with us all again

12. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Bring the banana back:) One of the colourful good guys I remember seeing the bananas in Ireland in '08.

13. Sanjon

Sanjon New Member

I hope you're happy ... but .... I want to see you every time I go to your country, then you can not make excuses to make us a hug. (sorry, my English is very bad ... I'm studying to be able to speak with you):):):)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  14. j.waterfield

j.waterfield Member

Club:
    Harriers and Old Pheasant Pen Wood Field Target
    Goodbye ol' mate

Sorry to see you leave us Greg ol' pal
    Keep in touch with us mate !

All the best for the future

John Waterfield

15. TonyF

TonyF SWEFTA FT Champion 2006

Club:
    Mendip, East Devon, Avon Hawks and Oaktree.
    Greg

Sorry to read you will be leaving FT. :(

It has been a pleasure to know you over the last few years and I am truly saddened that you will be leaving us. I wish you every success for the future and don't forget to attend some GPs just to have a chat with your old friends.

Good Luck and keep smiling ;)

Tony

16. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    (Think well of Baltipal, he did very little harm really, bye all) I would doubt you no how to do harm to anyone Greg i only hope you are leaving(having time off) from the sport for the right reasons you have always been a jovial chap and always will be, if you ever want a days shooting myself for one and probably dozens of others will willingly lend you a shooting stick. ATB Steve

17. Suzukiphil

Suzukiphil Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    Sorry to hear this mate, you're a true gent, and as Steve says, when the bug bites again I'll be happy to see you back on the shooting line.

18. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Cheers all, I've been deeply touched by your kind words & felicitations. It was always going to be a hard thing to say goodbye to you all & believe me I've been putting it off but leaving FT is the best thing for me at present purely for financial reasons & as I am a great believer in never saying never I can't write off the possibility of coming back at some point.
    I fervantly hope FT goes from strength to strength, with new bridges built with FT comunities everywhere coming together under a common flag.
    Many thanks everyone:)

19. TeamZ

TeamZ Member

Club:
    Castle
    All the best Greg, shame to see you leave the circuit mate.

Take care and maybe see you some time,

With kindest regards

Chris large

20. Ian C mon

Ian C mon Member

Club:
    millride ftc
    bye bye

Thats not good enough , get your shooting ass back on the firing line .you new you would get no change from me !Wat you need is not a girl friend ........then you would not be deserting all us shooting buddies......PS thanks Louise:mad::(