Buxted info for National 2014

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by simmmo, Oct 4, 2014.

1. simmmo

simmmo New Member

Buxted National 2014

Important We are in East Sussex and you will probably be driving to us early in the morning. Please drive carefully paying special attention to the deer. We are plagued with them down here. They just jump onto the roads from no where. As of yesterday there had been according to the deer collision sign on the Ashdown Forrest near Nutley 191 collisions reported so far this year on that stretch of road. A person living there has a National Speed limit sign outside his house made of 130 plus bleached deer skulls. It is a 120mph piece of road I recommend you do 50. Drive safe and shoot well.

For those who have never been we aren't easy to find.
    Postcode TN22 5RX different Sat Navs get different results.
    MAP: Here
    HFT SIGNS WILL BE PUT OUT FROM BUXTED TRAIN STATION SO IF IN DOUBT HEAD FOR THE STATION AND FOLLOW THE SIGNS !

Scantlings Farm has two entrances one in Pound Lane and one in Barn Lane. If you look at the map the Pound Lane entrance is in the middle roughly of the two Pound Lanes written on the map and the Barn Lane one where the letter B is for Barn Lane.
    We will be operating a one way system on the day through the farm with Pound Lane being the entrance and Barn Lane the exit, different than normal. This is because we intend to have car parking in the field where we have the plinking range for the Southern Hunters. This is in case we have rain so people can just drive down the field. The entrance will be at the top of the field and the exit at the bottom so hopefully no one will get stuck in their supa dooper rear wheel drive cars. Wealden Clay swallows four wheel drives whole. As the entrance for the parking will be acute if entering from Barn Lane that is the reason for the one way. If you are driving up a dirt track you got it wrong.
    There is no camping on site and because of the time of year a lot of local sites are closed however No Hope kindly compiled a list of some local places to stay.

The Old Dairy Farm (Campsite)
    Sliders Lane, Furners Green
    Uckfield, East Sussex
    TN22 3RT
    Tel: 01825 790517

Honeys Green Farm Caravan Park
    Easons Green, Framfield
    Uckfield, East Sussex
    TN22 5GJ
    Tel: 01825 880078

Wapsbourne Manor Farm (Campsite)
    Sheffield Park
    Uckfield, East Sussex
    TN22 3QT
    Tel: 01825 723414

Cider House Farm Camping Park
    Blackboys
    Uckfield, East Sussex
    TN22 5JD
    Tel: 01825 890303

Old Mill Farm B & B
    Chillies Ln, Uckfield, East Sussex TN22 4AD
    Tel: 01825 732279

South Paddock B & B
    The Dr Uckfield, East Sussex TN22 2HA
    Tel: 01825 762335

YHA – Blackboys
    Blackboys, Uckfield, Sussex, TN22 5HU
    Tel: 0845 371 9105

Anybody want to know anything else pm me.

Andy

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  2. Topher

Topher Member

Club:
    The Oaks, Brighton
    Really ! and from you of all people :eek:o

Very informative Andy im sure it all makes sense to everybody now :confused::D

3. tugg

tugg itchy trigger finger

Club:
    springfield and mad
    thanks for the warning Andy but they are all 120mph roads how will I know which one your talking about? I will try and resist As I don't think a deer mascot will suit the front of my bike .

4. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Andy,

There are 3 pound lanes written on the map you have included, is the entrance between the middle one & the lower one ? in other words opposite the Tinkerage B&B sign on the map or is it between the top & middle one ???

5. simmmo

simmmo New Member

Entrance to use is between the top and middle one. If you come in from the direction of the Buxted railway station you will come up Barn Lane and turn left into Pound Lane. When you leave you will exit the other entrance in Barn Lane. The entrance you want is a dirt track not a concrete road.

Andy.