Butt hooks in HFT

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by paul4be, Jul 18, 2011.

1. paul4be

paul4be Why do I bother????????

Club:
    Darlington RA
    Anyone clarify the use of butt hooks in HFT please. THe UKAHFT rules state that they can't be used. Only done a few NEFTA shoots so far, which I thought were shot to UKAHFT rules? Seems to be plenty of people shooting their FT rigs complete with butt hooks. Not sure if ok or not based on the above????? Can't find the rules for the NEFTA Hunter on their site any more either, socan't check on there.
    I'd like to know as it would be handy with my crappy standers :D:D:D

2. peadar_911

peadar_911 Too old to die young.

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    The paddle type are allowed for HFT, but the paddle length is restricted to 2 1/4".

Have a look at this recent post HFT Butt Hooks

ATB

Peter

3. paul4be

Club:
    Darlington RA
    Thanks for the link, seems to confirm what I took from the rules that full on hooks are definately a no no.

4. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Bear in mind mind that's UKAHFT rules and that NEFTA operate to their own rules. Best to ask a NEFTA rep if they're ok in classes other than the standing and kneeling class as I haven't the foggiest!

5. paul4be

Club:
    Darlington RA
    Thanks Ryan, I was under the impression that the NEFTA hunter was shot under rules that were basically the UKAHFT rules anyway. Either way, I'll not bother I don't think, will just leave it as is.

Cheers.

6. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Butt hooks are allowed in NEFTA HFT shoots and as far as I am aware there is no limit to the depth of the stock.

We also have 15mm kills as close as 12 yards.

We also have the standing / kneeling class and no forced prone shots.

Most of the rules differences are to open it up to as wide a field of shooters as possible - as a regional event we need to attract as many shooters as possible.

I would still think its great practice for the UKAHFT events - the course at Emley on Sunday was as tricky as any I have ever shot.

Dave.

7. paul4be

Club:
    Darlington RA
    Many thanks for the above Hotshot. I couldn't find anything in writing in terms of the rules for the Hunter shoots, the rules seem to have gone from the NEFTA site. I appreciate the info, sounds good to me.

8. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    I can only speak for myself but a full hook would really get in the way for all the different positions you have to get into in HFT.

I find a normal butt pad with a bit of vertical adjustment (not during the comp obviously) the best option.