butt hook

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Chris donnelly, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Chris donnelly

Chris donnelly New Member

hi so been having a think on a butt hook and the rules. i can not see anything to say i can not have 2 paddles at the bottom of my hook so i can shoot from the shoulder and off the ground im i right in this or is it written some wear that i can not do this cheers

2. Evo

Evo SCOUSER and top wheel nicker

Club:
    MILLRIDE FTC
    any chance you could explain why you would want to and what advantage you would gain from having 2 paddles ???? would be interesting to know

3. Scott Hull

Scott Hull Member

Club:
    SLSBA/Morro Bay
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  4. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Doncaster Airgun Range
    I think he's talking about HFT

5. Chris donnelly

morning yes im talking for hft shooting i always shoot from the shoulder but iv neen told to try shooting from the ground but to have the butt hook in my arm pit feels unnatural so if i had 1 extra paddle at the bottom i could still have my rifle in the shoulder and shoot of the ground

6. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Doncaster Airgun Range
    I think you're on thin ice - my advice - have a look at what the top shots do and follow that.

7. Chris donnelly

hi yes its just a thought and with me not seeing anything in the rules to say no i can not i thought id ask as me and some others also have been discussing it

8. DAVALI

DAVALI Member

Club:
    Lea Valley AGC
    I think you will find that it is the “Heel” of the butt plate and not any attachments.

Chris donnelly likes this.
  9. simmmo

simmmo New Member

EQUIPMENT

Most rifle & stock designs can be used for UKAHFT competition as long as they are within the following rules:

• Forend depth is limited to a maximum of 150mm, this is measured from the centre of the barrel to the lowest part of the rifle forward of the pistol grip.
    • FT style butt hooks are not allowed, although the paddle style of butt pad is allowed.
    • The paddles of the buttpad must not exceed 2.25" in length
    • When standing or kneeling, no part of the rifle may be in contact with the ground.
    • When taking a prone shot the only part of the rifle which may be touching the ground is the bottom edge of the butt pad, no other device, stock or buttpad extension may rest on the ground

10. Chris donnelly

so if its only the butt pad that can only touch the ground why do a lot of shooters shoot from the ground with the padel from the hook touching the floor not the bottom edge of the pad ??

11. simmmo

simmmo New Member

Think you need to read the lift from the rules properly the paddle is classed as the pad and its length is limited.

Monkey