Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Sparky, May 26, 2009.

1. blackscale

blackscale Member

i couldn't get on with my 6500...the px error was terrible!:rolleyes::D

The Turrets appeared to be really cheap and nasty, wobbling about etc, nothing approaching the precise 'Click' of most decent scopes i have tried...:confused::D
    I was very dissapointed....

fancy trying an EB Sniper.....:D

XX

2. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Not casting aspersions Dave, fact is on one scope I have to set the parralax at 40yds the other at 23yds, the turrets don't really bother me because neither of them are used for hunting so they remain centered, but one is marked the other is not. No I'm not the only person that has noticed the difference and no I'm not removing my scopes to check serial numbers 3 days before the Anglo:p:p:p:D:D:D I would point out that I am very happy with both scopes, I'm just more happy with the parralax set at 23yds;)

3. JAGXKRS

Your strange:D:D:D:D:D

4. blackscale

blackscale Member

talk about stating the obvious!:rolleyes::D:D

It really didn't impress me...The overall build quality was typically bullet proof bushnell, the Turrets were like plastic toys!...Cheap ones!??

:D....Mind you i can't shoot for shite anyway!:D:D

spongey!

5. JAGXKRS

Spongey

You did read the bit about there being two different types of turret did'nt you:D:D:D:D

6. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    awww, go on ya big poof:D

Seroiusly Chris, you get technical differences like that with ....... er......budget kit :D

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  7. JAGXKRS

I sold my MK4 Leup because for me the "Budget kit" is better:p:p:p:p:D:D

8. blackscale

blackscale Member

Well if i was sold an inferior scope, i won't be happy!:rolleyes:

It is bad enough chatting with inferior peeps on here:eek:...Who drive inferior Ja...eeerr cars!:D:D

Looks like i may have to 'ave a word in your shell like, when i see you next!!:D:p:p

footnote; [any statements / opinions, made by Spongey are not necessarily the opinion of Michael byford...Spongey has a big gob!!]

:D:D
    XX

9. g.l.w

g.l.w Wonky

Strangely enough Chris, I did exactly the same and mine also paralax set to 23/24 yds....Does,nt seem to help me bloody scores though!!!:D:D

10. JAGXKRS

You need to put it on a descent gun mate :p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D

11. g.l.w

g.l.w Wonky

Would that stop me getting Smilies then???:p:p:p:D:D:D

12. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Called into Litts (sportsmans) and they are doing this scope for £415:eek:

If anyone is after one let me know and i can always pick one up for you.

Pete

13. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    For info, Pete and i will be doing some testing of the 6500 (HFT one) this weekend, i will post something early next week.

Tim Finley borrowed mine to do another HFT scope write up so keep your eyes peeled for that in the mags.

14. Snapshot

Snapshot Member

We've just had one come back with a faulty elevation turret. :(

Jonathan

15. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    You re going to get faults in some batches of any product, whether its scopes, guns, mounts etc, I don t know of any mass produced items that you won t.

One thing to check with the 6500 is though there are some out there that will only parallax down to 25 yards so if possible open the box before you leave the shop.

As I said before I gave this scope a go before the season started and in the club comps it performed well, clearing 3 courses out of 5, but when I did some range testing thought I was getting some parallax error only to find out later it was a problem with the gun.
    I did get some eye strain but this was after approx 10 hour range session, which I think you may get with a lot of scopes.
    What I do like about this scope is that it s not too dissimilar to the EB, but with the added bonus of brighter optics and the rainguard, and with it being true on 10 mag I ve not got to learn new aimpoints.

I would say imo it s not worth the RRP of £787 but I do like the scope and its on the Walther ready to give a good go again this weekend and maybe even use it at M.A.D

Pete

16. alan-aitch

alan-aitch I'll practice tomorrow...............

Club:
    Bisley
    Well pleased.....

My one of these arrived yesterday, thanks Pete, and I have to say I'm very pleased with it.

Ignoring the fact that there is obviously a batch out there that don't parallax down as far as they should, the only criticism I would level at the scope would be about the method of resetting the scale on the turrets. You just pull the turret knob up, turn to where you want and just push back down, it does feel a bit loose and I would prefer a screw through the top or side or at least a definite click into place, having said that it's not a knob twiddlers scope so with the covers on there isn't going to be a problem. The actual mechanics of the turrets were excellent, positive clicks, the adjustment for a given number of cliicks was consistent in all directions, and it always went back to the same place, pretty much all you can ask. I wonder if it's the the way you reset the scale that makes some people think they are cheap and tacky ??

Optics are great, build quality is great, initially very happy.

Alan.