Bushnell 8-32x40

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Magic Bus, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Magic Bus

Magic Bus New Member

Club:
    Cromer Air Rifle Club
    Just wondering how many use this scope for FT and how they get on with the rangefinding? I have one on my backup rifle and it hasn't seen any use yet.

2. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Mine

I have mine on my 77 .but cos i have been trying to sort out my puff guns i have not had a chance to use it in a comp . but on the zero range it is very good indeed . range on 32 . shoot on twenty . lovely ??? HOLLY

3. mykeed20

mykeed20 Member

Club:
    Redfearn FTC
    Bushnell Scope

Hi all, i have mine primarily on top of my Pro Target although at the min its on the top of a Steyr LG100, competition wise ive only used it through the Nefta Winter league but as far as im concerned its a brilliant bit of kit, the range finding i find to be second to none but i haven't really had any other scope to compare it to as i shoot on a budget but to be honest im 100% happy with it, especially with a Nick Murphy top turret on it.:D
    ATB Mike D

4. Magic Bus

Magic Bus New Member

Club:
    Cromer Air Rifle Club
    Positive comments so far then. Mine's on a PT too Mike. I might have to give it a whirl especially as the butt hook off my EV2 will fit straight on the ProTarget.

5. Neale M

Neale M Member

Club:
    Far Coley Ftc
    I have both mine Bushnell 8-32x40 milldot
    on both my Walthers and love them ;);)

Only shoot FT and get on very well with the rangefinding.

6. Ripleysniper

Ripleysniper Team Walther 2011

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen
    bushnell

Hi Chris the bushnell scope is a top scope the only fault! which is not really a fault! is its not a sidewheel rangeing scope so you don't get very good gaps for your yard markings.
    Have you thought about the Burris 8-32x40 slighty better glass.

7. Magic Bus

Magic Bus New Member

Club:
    Cromer Air Rifle Club
    I would'nt mind trying one of those sometime Andy.

8. WHIZZER

WHIZZER Member

As a big burris fan id say that the glass is not quite as good as the 4200 to be honest (i own both). Where the burris scores is that it is easy to distinguish between 50-55 yards as the gaps are bigger and it has a greater field of view. There are a lot of tired burris scopes out there as they have not been made for years, most lose their clicks on the top turrets. The 4200 is a safe bet!!

Neale who has posted on this thread went from a leupold mk4 (the best one i have ever seen/used) to the bushnells so they cant be that bad!!

9. daveward76

daveward76 Member

Club:
    Redfearn ft
    Hello

Hello pal I've been useing a bushnell 8x32 on my steyr for about 8 month and it's very good, the turret needs replacing and you have to work at range finding above 50 yard's put a very good scope, dave

10. Jamesy

Jamesy Weerach ninja

Club:
    Pontefract ARC.
    I've got two of them, one on the Steyr and one on my boinger...HW77/97 depending on which one i'm using, i've owned them for more years than i care to remember and personally can't fault them. They are a scope you have to spend time getting used to though, as mentioned, the gaps aren't the widest so some shooter input is required until you get used to them but if you stick with it it'll reward you with excellent rangefinding and clarity in all temperatures and lighting conditions.:)

11. tman

tman New Member

Where can I get / who do I need to contact for a Nick Murphy top turret ?
    telephone number anyone ?
    any idea on cost as well please ?
    any help much appreciated
    regards
    tman :)

12. daveward76

daveward76 Member

Club:
    Redfearn ft
    hello

Hello pal the turrits are around £45:D sorry i dont have his number:eek:,but iav had x2 of his turrits and thay are very very good:shot: