Bushell 4.5-30

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by CharlieM, Nov 30, 2010.

1. CharlieM

CharlieM Spring Time

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    Just wondered if anyone can advise if the 6500 has a blind spot after re-parallax and roughly how large, understand it needs a close focus adaptor. Any other comments on performance happily received.

Charlie

2. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    I bought mine from BAR . fitted sidewheel . tried it out and sold it . poo mate . a 35 mag comp X is twice as good , don't bother . optically i could not bring in clear a pellet mark on a dull day at 55 yards and on 30 mag it had a blue tinge around the outside of the objective lens ??? HOLLY

3. CharlieM

CharlieM Spring Time

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    Thanks for info Holly a suprising dissapoinmet always found their optics cracking in other scopes. Can't get on with fixed mag tried it several times so the comp is off my list.

Might have to investigate the Sightron 8-32 siii but its fairly expensive for something unproven.

4. alan-aitch

alan-aitch I'll practice tomorrow...............

Club:
    Bisley
    You know what you need, don't you? :D

5. CharlieM

CharlieM Spring Time

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    Yeah but I can't afford a March:p

It's the build of em that puts me off everytime Al those ropey turrets but if you know of a nice one somewhere I could be tempted.

6. alan-aitch

alan-aitch I'll practice tomorrow...............

Club:
    Bisley
    Ropey turrets ???? How very dare you!!

7. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Charlie . i was so suprised by the scope i took it up to tawd vale for the first GP i think it was and asked nick murphy to have a look through it . he said he thought it was an average scope . gone .if you can suffer a front parralax scope . then try the 4200 bushnell 8+32 by 40 . this is the scope i had that put me on to the 6500 . they are cracker of a little scope , i thought if this is this good . what will the bigger one be like . barring that a lupe 20+50 if you can find one ??? HOLLY

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  8. Neale M

Neale M Member

Club:
    Far Coley Ftc
    Charlie,

I had a go with a 6500 and I was not impressed it's not a patch on the 4200 Bushnell 8+32 by 40.
    It's 4200 for me. ;)

9. JerryD

JerryD Member

Club:
    Hereward FT&ARC
    Hi Charlie;

I left mine px'd for 25yds and find it's blind between 25 and 20, but that's where the trajectory's pretty flat anyway. Comes down to 11yds at full mag, then wind the mag down between 11 and 8. When it's reparallaxed to 17yds min it can seem that you can't get a full 55- although some say it will re-px to between 65 and 17. My eyes must be shot:eek:

I find it easier to use than the Elite 4200, especially with a Jon Harris sidewheel. Big gaps up to 55yds, and nicely compact.

10. CharlieM

CharlieM Spring Time

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    Cheers all appreciate the thoughts and comments. I know the 4200 well and do like them and had some good results with my old ones but it's that 1" tube with 1/8 clicks I don't like. Sightron 32 mag is out as only comes down to 40yrds apparently. Shall have to have a good think.

11. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger Member

I'm looking at the 4200 for my HW77, I spent some time a few weeks ago at the Tondu shoot checking out a 4200 on Vince's Steyr, considering it's a 40mm lens on a 1" tube the image was extremely bright and clear!

thing is what else is in the price range circa £450?

12. Jon

Jon Member

Weaver T36?

Chris lash out you will love the March 10-60 or maybe a PR 20-50 both around same weights.

13. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Bushnell 4200 .

I have my bushnell on my 77 . but it is a long scope . so make sure you have a rifle that has the loading area relieved . or you will not be able to get your little pinky in ??? HOLLY:D

14. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger Member

Looked at one of these Jon but I dont want to arse around with 50ft adaptors, my other choice was sourcing a Burris RA second hand?

15. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger Member

thats exactly the reason why I want a40-45mm scope Holly, I have hands like a mongolian pig strangler, at present I have a Viper 8-32x60 on it for testing (hatefull scope) and I can barely get my shovells in to load it!

how do you get on with the Bushnell?

16. Jon

Jon Member

What no Falcon?

Ooooh still got one here better take it back this year.

50ft adapters only for the noddy targets below 16 yards which are a rarity, simples. Dont need any way, i used a scope that would only focus down to 36 yards Sunday and there was an 8 yarder, no 50ft adapter - easy.

17. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger Member

Still have the Falcon on my HW100S, had it for six months now and its proven to be very good, came joint second with it at Nelson a fortnight ago so its definatly doing the job!

problem is as I said to holly my huge hands precludes using a large objective scope on my 77 as I can barely get my hands in to load even with a high mount!
    dont really want to be messing round with raiser blocks on a springer!
    the Leup comp would be the ideal solution but I simply cant justify spending a grand on a scope to do the same job as a £400 falcon!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  18. CharlieM

CharlieM Spring Time

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    Well I'm going to take looksee at a 6500 on Friday as my local has some in stock along with 4200 too so I shall see how it compares for myself.

19. Jon

Jon Member

Might know of three coming up with decent rets aye Andy.

20. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger Member

after christmas/kids Jon I doubt I could afford one but let me know if they are available and how much, see what I can work out!