Burris scope??

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Craig_goswell, May 27, 2015.

1. Craig_goswell

Craig_goswell New Member

Evening peeps

I'm after a Burris scope for Hft, I've looked through a few at clubs, and like them but can never remember the model. I think there a 3-9x32 and not made anymore. Quite a few people use them

Any help appreciated

2. JerryD

JerryD Active Member

Club:
    Hereward FT&ARC
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
  3. Craig_goswell

Craig_goswell New Member

I'm sure it's a 3-9 tbh, I seem to recall "shortmag" maybe??

4. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Hi,
    You have probably seen the short mag compact models, or the SAKO Burris compact 3x9x32 with the taller covered turrets and coloured rings underneath.
    Any or the Timberlines or the short compact models are superb glass and features for HFT although the long eye relief takes a bit of getting used to.

I have a couple of 3x9x40 Fullfield 11's which are also very good, and although they have a better depth of field and much brighter glass than most scopes, the 32mm objective Burris scopes have the edge for HFT, as they have virtually no PX error and brilliant depth. They can see well into darker areas in day time but go dark quick at dusk for hunting.
    Dont forget the odd Pentax Light seeker 3x9x32 as they are the same scope as the Burris Compact. I have one and I cannot see any difference to my Sako Burris, apart from the Pentax is not quite s head position fussy.

5. simmmo

simmmo Active Member

Would recommend old Short mag 4.5 to 14 parrallaxes down to 25yds

or

Compact Airgun 3 to 12 parrallaxes down to 7yds.

Have had a few of these and these scopes are identical just different specs.

Both above have AO the ones you quote don't and will need reparrallaxing easy to do just make a tool to turn the lenses. Trouble is the reticles differ across the range probably due to date of construction. Older ones I prefer as thinner.

The Timberline appears to be an amalgamation of specs when they shifted assembly not construction to the Phillipines instead of the USA.

Little parrallax and 1/8th clicks lot darker than a Sightron.

Monkey.

6. daveuk

daveuk New Member

Club:
    Liege
    I use Burris. Sold my 3-9x32 Sako Quad a few months ago. My current scopes are in my sig.
    Dave

7. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    I think I bought your Sako Dave.:)
    I also bought Dave Semmens Sako from him a couple of year ago after he won the NEFTA Hunter series and I was second.
    I struggled with the head position and sold him it back like a plonka and regretted it straight away, hence buying yours when it came up.

Think I have about six Burris scopes (inc the Pentax) now!:eek: Which is just double than the number of Sightrons I own.:eek: I have owned the front PX smaller Burris scopes as well but found the ret was a bit wider as they are all set the same on max mag.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  8. simmmo

simmmo Active Member

Think the AO is irrelevant the older ones have thinner rets. Have looked through and owned dozens. The newer ones and factory refurbed ones had much thicker rets that bracketed on 5 mag like the older ones on 7. Factory set fixed parrallax ones at the end of me buying them all varied so much I gave up. You can age them by the writing style of the Burris logo on the scope. Can't remember which is which now.

Monkey

9. johnjames

johnjames New Member

Burris

Hi Craig , I would recommend the the 3-9x32 .fixed P/a nothing to move.
    I have got model numbers of mine on the boxes if you need them , you have my phone number if you want to meet down the club and look though a couple of mine .

John Mc .