Burris Advice needed

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by DEAN C., May 3, 2013.

1. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    The daughter has bought me a Fullfield 2 with traditional ballistic plex, its a 3x9x40 and has superb glass as the others are that I own or have owned.
    I have not figured yet on how to drop the px down yet though!! as it just has one deep front ring in front of the objective lens, as opposed to the normal two locking rings. I have altered a couple of these before with twin thin rings at the front but this is different, perhaps Burris have changed the spec.

I am not sure whether to see if Burris will alter it if I send it back to the US. Daughter bought it new a few weeks ago in Bass pro in Atlanta, Georgia.
    I also have heard that there is a European Burris centre is this correct?
    Any advice appreciated.

2. Diabolo

Diabolo Member

Hi Dean, are you on the AirgunBBS? If yes, drop member ROBAPPLEYARD a line-he has had a few Burris scopes professionaly re-paralaxed by someone on the south coast-I know they did a great job and didn't cost the earth.
    I have heard that the newer models are "harder" to re-parallax-possibly some form of locktite is used on the adjustment ring.
    Sorry I cannot be more helpful-good luck with sorting it out:)

3. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Thanks,
    I have PM'd Bob about the company, which I think is optec.

I have also heard that Burris will re parallax your scope free if you pay for post in the US, I was wondering if there was a European alternative as well, although I am not sure if this is true.
    Has anyone actually re parallacxed the FF11?

Thanks,
    Dean.

4. craigtodd1968

craigtodd1968 Member

Talk to Dave welham . He used import them.