Bulzeyepro

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by wyan, Feb 18, 2010.

1. wyan

wyan New Member

Morning guys and girls.

Anybody use the above mentioned devices, please indicate on which scopes and with what magnification.

Please provide pro and con's

Much appreciated in advance

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  2. MAX-nz

MAX-nz New Member

I have a 3x and a 4x - both in the universal fitting.
    I use the 3x on the back of my Leopold 6-20 EFR and absolutely love it.
    I found the 4 times didn't allow the ocular bell to be adjusted in enough on the Leupold to allow the crosshairs to come into sharp focus.

Warning - they will reduce your eye relief to less than half of normal.
    But I found that is a good thing because it required the scope to be moved back thus enhancing balance.
    There is a very slight loss of resolution, but barely noticeable with a good quality scope such as a Leupold.

I don't know how to measure it exactly, but it is rated to add around 30% more magnification to any scope.
    3x's = plus 30%. 4x's = plus 40%, so the literature advises.

I recommend the 3x's highly.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  3. simmmo

simmmo Member

Agree with all of that apart from I have the 4x target I think and although I couldn't initially seem to get it to focus as crisp on the crosshair as I wanted by adjusting the occular bell to its maximum adjustment all of a sudden it is now crisp(don't understand) use it on an 8-32 x 40mm 4200 Bushnell for .22 rimfire benchrest indoors loss of light is minimal, don't know how they achieve such a boost with clear image. Getting a screw in one for the T36 next.

Monkey

4. wyan

wyan New Member

Thanks guys

5. Tyke

Tyke Member

I have a 3X fitted to my 35 mag Leupold Competition, it gives better range finding between 50 to 55 yards and it increases the size of the reticule which was a problem with mine as it was the straight cross hairs type.