Bullpups stocks hft competition's

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Broc968, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Broc968

Broc968 Active Member

Club:
    anston shooting club
    Hi,as being new to hft comps wonder how many shoot with bullpups stocks and do they do any good with these stocks:shot::

2. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    Not many used in hft due to the long pistol grip gets in the way on prone shots. There's a few about though fella.

3. Broc968

Broc968 Active Member

Club:
    anston shooting club
    Ty Mick for advice seen a lot use them for paper target shooting and hunting just not hft

4. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    They're just not an ideal shape for prone shooting mate.;)

5. Stream123

Stream123 Member

Club:
    Atherton indoor range
    There is a gentleman at the club I go to that uses a brocock compatto target. Only seen him do standers and on the bench. Again prone could be a problem. But he’s a very good shooter.

6. Ste Hughes

Ste Hughes Daystate's whipping boy

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    I've been shooting an Edgun Matador the last 4 years, @MickyFinn is correct. They are a bit of a pain prone. You're forced to shoot from your elbows on all shots rather than fist on the floor with normal rifles but you can get used to it.

The short front end on most of the available bullpups is also another disadvantage giving you a lot less room for your leading hand when prone. Adjustable cheek pieces are not really available for bullpups either which forces you to mount your scope at a height that puts it's in the correct place for your face rather than pick a scope height for optimum trajectory.

I enjoy all that, I stopped shooting seriously years ago and fancied something that's a bit of fun. You can still shoot well with a bullpup and get used to it but they are a bit of a handful.