Bulk fill c02 match pistol

Discussion in 'Paper Punching' started by Pistol13, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Pistol13

Pistol13 New Member

Looking at match pistols. Pcp is out of my budget so I'm looking mainly at bulk fill c02. Obviously with them being older designs they're much cheaper to buy. So whats your experiences? Can they still cut the mustard? Cheers

2. Dale

Dale Well-Known Member

I don't shoot serious 10m pistol, but I do have a couple of bulk fill match pistols, a Crosman Skanaker and a Feinwerkbau C25.

I would say that these older guns are still quite capable of doing what is required of them.

Of the two the FWB is the more refined pistol, the grip and trigger mechanism I cannot fault, although a serious 10m pistol shooter may have greater insight, but as an entry level pistol or as in my case, for less formal target shooting I cannot make any complaints about them.

Bulk fill CO2 is more economical in terms of the number of shots per charge and a decent size bulk tank may go months or years between top ups depending on how much you shoot.

There is often much said about the performance of CO2 due to ambient temperature, but to be honest with the bulk fill pistol when used for slow fire, usually indoors in a stable ambient temperature there is no particular problem with them.

I would suggest if a decent example at a good price is available it is worth considering, but just remember you will need to factor in a CO2 bulk tank as well.

old foggy likes this.
  3. Pistol13

Pistol13 New Member

Thanks for the reply. It is kind of where i was, in thinking. I'm definetly not going to the Olympics anytime soon, so it would probably fit the bill.

4. zooma

zooma Member

Club:
    Rossendale Model Target Club
    I have owned and shot most of the CO2 match pistols made by Feinwerkbau and Walther and can strongly recommend any of these as being superbly accurate and reliable 10 meter match pistols that can now be picked up for very reasonable prices. Others that are not so well known may be good too, but I do not have any great experience of them - but I am sure others could help if asked.

Most of the above have found their way into the UK via private sales from Germany because when they first came out (and replaced the popular spring powered FWB Model 65 and 80 and Walther LP2 and LP3 etc) they could only be held on a full firearms certificate - and so very few were bought new in the UK at the time.

Those of us that shot rim fire and centre fire pistols thought that it was a waste of space having them on our firearms certificates when we could still win and get good results from our FWB Model 65 and 80 springers or our Walther LP2 and LP3 SSP - but that opinion began to change slightly as we noticed quite a few FWB, Walther, and Hammerli CO2 match pistols starting to show in the results!

The law changed many years ago, and now CO2 pistols do not need to be held on a firearms certificate - hence the increase in popularity and numbers!

CO2 match pistols are every bit as accurate as the best PCP match pistols - but at a lower price - and many of us believe that they are easier to shoot and score well with too because the lower pressure used by the CO2 pistol makes them "kinder" and "more forgiving" to shoot than the PCP match pistols.

The only thing to check before rushing out and spending your "hard earned" is to see if the consumable parts that you may need to replace (mainly seals) are still available. The last time I checked all of the FWB and Walther CO2 pistols were still well supported, and even the oldest models could still have spare parts sourced OK but may take longer to find.

5. azuaro

azuaro Senior Member

My CO2 Feinwerkbau Model 2 short barrel from the mid 80's is better balanced with equal or better precision than a recently acquired PCP Feinwerkbau model P11 piccolo (short barrel)...

The Feinwerkbau P11 is a PCP remake of the Feinwerkbau CO2 Model 2

Best regards,

AZ

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020