BSA Ultra

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Nealsey, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Nealsey

Nealsey Two Tins

After playing with a .177 Ultra this weekend at Anston, I decided to whip the NV off of mine
    and see how it faired with a scope on.

Fitted a Hawke Airmax SR12 to it as it's designed for .22 and although it's a bit long for the rifle
    it seems to do what it says on the tin.

Managed to get 10 X 15mm kills at 25 yds with it and it is bloody accurate for what is in esence
    a cheap PCP rifle.

I am so impressed I am considering getting the tactical stock and maybe a reg fitted to increase the
    shot count.

Been a bit of a suprise today with it, considering I have had it for 2 years or so, I have never really played with it except as an NV rifle.

Neal

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  2. Ratgunner

Ratgunner New Member

Ratgunner

Have been using an elderly BSA Ultra .177in/4.5mm with a Dave Chapman Butt as my competition gun for quite a while,
    The Howitzer as it is called emits a healthy bark when fired, I find it deadly accurate with or without a HW Moderator,
    Mine is fitted with a Hawke Eclipse 3x9x50AOE-IR and is capable of destroying half inch pieces of chalk at 52yds,

I think if my dodgy body allowed me to lay/kneel/sit rather than stand for all shots I could turn in a high in the fifties score now and then,

Sadly mine is leaking at the mo and when I have saved enough for a full service I will pursue my Goal of a fifty standing for all shots,

Enjoy yours Mate they are great,

Bernard.:D

3. TOOL

TOOL Independent FT Pumper

Humber Bridge , Barrow-on-Humber in Bomber County
    Club:
    EFTA England
    First gun i ever had BSA Ultra .22 with MTC Viper 10 x 44 to be fair paid £300 for the lot 2nd hand good kit for the money!
    Then got the FT bug rest is history!

Atb
    Scott,

4. sakerman

sakerman Member

Club:
    MAD
    Mine is fitted with a Nikko Sterling 4-12x50 mil-dot, a Harris bi-pod and a Daystate silencer.....and is DEADLY accurate at 60yds:D

5. Ratgunner

Ratgunner New Member

Ratgunner

They are amazing guns sakerman, and Deadly as you say, sadly for me I can add four years of age to your 60yds,

So fifty two yds is as far as I can see nowadays Bugger It! :eek:

6. clubshot

clubshot Member

We have a Few BSA Ultra's @ Lea Valley

Most are JB Bluprinted Versions

Seem to give owners good shooting ;)

BOB/R