BSA Goldstar SE

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by A1WOC, Jun 11, 2015.

1. A1WOC

A1WOC Member

I bought a new .177 BSA Goldstar SE with a multishot magazine today from my local RFD. I stated I wanted a single shot for HFT and was told it would take a single shot magazine as well as the multishot. They didn t have a single shot magazine in stock but offered to get one for me. I have tried to source one on the internet but most suppliers state theirs isn t suitable for the Goldstar.
    This prompted me to look closely at the Goldstar reviews on YouTube. The one Roger Lait reviews has a longer breech than the one I bought. Could the RFD where I bought the Goldstar be giving me the wrong information and are there two separate models of the Goldstar?
    Regards, Steve.

2. Lee67

Lee67 Dink ! ...****'

Club:
    Emley Moor ftc
    Rogers was a pre production model.....all u need is an R10 singleshot mag..ebay, xtx etc all sell them and any good gun shop sells them too...and no there isnt two models, just singleshot or multishot..hth

3. A1WOC

A1WOC Member

Thanks for clearing up my doubt.
    Regards, Steve.

4. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    I've got a multishot Gold Star with a BSA single shot magazine, it all works fine and the ten shot mag that came with the gun is still in the plastic bag it came in.

5. A1WOC

A1WOC Member

I have one on order now and will give it a good trial.
    Regards.

6. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    Mine works perfectly, just remember to keep the rifle relatively level until you flip the holder it into the breech position.... same as a single shot really.