BSA DEFIANT .177.

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by RAIDER, Jul 12, 2018.

1. RAIDER

RAIDER Member

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    Had the Defiant now for a few days and I’m liking so far. It’s quite heavy compared to a lot of pups but whe scoped up its very steady. A lot of side lever pups have slight glitches indexing the pellets but this is faultless. The magazine goes in dead easy with a click and away you go. I bought the soft touch that I personally like.
    Thought I would clean the barrel and by god was it and still is dirty. 15 pull through and had a shoot and then another 15. I suppose it’s the grease oil that’s in the barrel making and storing.
    Power wise with the fist hundred pellets it doing 745-750 f/s with 8.44 AA field.
    On the accuracy front not a problem ringing bells at 40 yd 6 mm hole and 55 yd 20 mm hole. And the consistency was very good but this is a regded rifle.
    Overall a bit expensive but there’s a lot of cheap pups that have no reg or the quaity of the BSA barrel and of less quality and accuracy. Shop around and if your a good customer discounts are out there. I would give this rifle 95/100 and expecting power to slightly rise but not bothered if not at least old bill can’t moan.
    Jeremy

Ghengis57 likes this.
  2. RAIDER

RAIDER Member

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    Another day at club with the Defiant and let other members have ago. They all had comments about the weight but shouldering the pup all bar none exspredded the feel.
    Accuracy again guys with strange rifles had no problem hitting small spinners off the bench after telling them where to aim.
    Busy now for two days because of the GP we’re holding, but next week I’m doing full on pellet test and shot count to see if the 110 they say can be achieved.
    Jeremy

3. RAIDER

RAIDER Member

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    Back to the DEFIANT as I have said before faultless shooting and accuracy. The only pellet so far that allows thw magazine work properly is Daystate Soverigns. If any one can put me towards another pellet that works faultless in the new magnetic magazines let me know.
    I have had jam ups with as Field. Not tried exacts as yet. Will try during the week.
    I fitted a EB Snipper on it and it’s a very good HFT rifle because of the design. I’m quite a big guy and i can use over the knee with a fist for height.

4. Bezzer

Bezzer Member

Club:
    Kingsley HFT
    Only problem with that is you can't do it under UKHFT rules and probably some other region rules as well.
    "The rifle will be supported only by the two hands with the rifle butt in the shoulder, no other part of the body can be used to support the rifle nor can the hands be supported on any other part of the body."