1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brocock Grand Prix

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by robt, May 24, 2014.

1. robt

robt Member

Jul 29, 2013
    BFTO. Camberley Rifle & Pistol Club
    Hi Team,

I have a 5 year old Brocock Aim X Grand Prix .22 pistol I bought secondhand last year. Hadn't used it for a few weeks and when I came back it had leaked all the air. I had suspected a problem but in the absence of an on board gauge to monitor I could not prove.

Brocock sell a replacement seal kit but nowhere can I find any help on dismantling the gun. Asked Brocock for help, they refused on the basis that they don't want to receive guns back at the factory that people have tried to fix and then wrecked (chicken and egg here?). Unlike those nice folks at Steyr who post excellent videos for their guns.

I am an engineer by trade and maintain my other guns and yes I do chrono them all regularly, I'm not looking to modify illegally, just fix a problem myself.

Any help out there?

Thanks, Rob.

OK, emptied the air out and dived in regardless so now I know how. Luckily for me the gun is before AT so no silly issues there. Not difficult, so if any one wants to know how, pm me. Good job I did because I found a damaged cocking screw, waiting for replacement to arrive.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  2. kamag

kamag New Member

Feb 14, 2013
    sheffield uk
    ecclesfield rifle and pistol club
    brocock pistol

Hi robt
    im afraid there is not a lot of information out there on
    Brococks precharged airifle/pistols but if you youtube
    brocock contour strip down there is a couple of stripdown
    vidios be aware they show pre anti tamper models if yours
    has the brass plug fitted to the rear trigger housing screw
    you have the anti tamper model
    the grand prix pistol and contour rifle are more or less the
    same . I had to stip my contour because of a over power
    problem which required a/t removing
    ps to mods please remove post if not allowed
  3. clubshot

clubshot Member

Nov 14, 2008
    North London - UK
    If unsure give Paul Bird - the man that designed and made them a call - in Office Hours

01527527800 - Mornings are Best -