BREAKING NEWS !!! Walther to discontinue FT LG300 in 16J

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Dec 20, 2010.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Just got an email from my nbr. 1 supplier of Walthers...

Its official, Walther has informed the shop that due to the sharp decline in sales in 2010, they are discontinuing the LG300 Dominator ! :( :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Perhaps the LG400 can be converted to 12 ft/lb :confused:

Failing that...the only REAL FT rifle left in the market will be:

- Steyr
    - DayState , &
    - Air Arms

:(

Time to stock up on spare blocks, regulators and the like...methinks !:D

2. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    steyr and air arms, i can count on 1 hand how many daystates in the gp's u see all year,and still plenty of walthers and anshutz

3. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    For sure the LG400 could be turned into a top line FT gun it is not a lot different to the 300 . There are plenty of sharp minds that could solve the problems, be the first to buy and convert one.:)

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    It's official (link?)?

If it's official as in you have been told, you're only about 12 months behind :D

5. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Well, had thought of it already :D ! BUT, am actually waiting for March or April when TESRO introduces their 1st FT airgun to the market ! (based on a French Tesro shop/agent confirmation - but NOT factory confirmed) ...failing that if it doesnt happen by May or June, I'll have a famous guru check out the innards & guts of the LG400...problem is that It could be an expensive mistake :D ie: Cant be done, then what am I supposed to do with a 10m gun ? use it as a paper weight ? :D

If TESRO does introduce their FT rifle, methinks a lot of Walther fans may simply take the plunge and start using these, as the 2 alutec rifles look so similar in design; remains to be seen if they are up to your expectations in terms of performance, on par with the LG300, or surpass it...

Tesro COULD be the one to keep an eye on in the future on the FT circuit....to Walther's regret ???

:cool:

6. villiers

Club:
    Bisley
    The boss Of Tesro Peter use to work for Walther , when I last spoke they had to much .22 pistol work to look at the FT market.

7. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Haha ! no link...I recall that rumour 12 months ago Rob...ie: none left/to be sold in 2010...perhaps what is arriving at shops being sold this year is left over inventory ? so yup, your right. The Walther export manager had a chat with the shop owner, so Its info coming to me as 2nd hand info ! :D

The news I got means, thats it- hasta la vista baby ! ie: no more parts to assemble in any serious number any LG300s. Perhaps we are talking about a dozen factory guns left ? AND at the same timje, Walther is pulling the plug on "LG300" as a discontinued line of 10m rifles, overtaken by the new marketing of the LG400 ?

I said something like that in one of my speculative threads as to why I did notice some price drops in Germany regarding spares & complete LG300 rifles going for 10/15% cheaper recently...

8. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    I too, had exchanged emails with Tesro...but got my 2 month old info, from a French forum, where the TESRO agent for France confirmed an FT rifle for Spring of 2011. Either it was pure bollox, or a slip by the agent....I then emailed TESRO with this new info., and guess what ? They would not confirm nor deny....so I guess, for all intent & purposes (like Appple) , Its a rumour at this stage..

9. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Have No Fear ?

Don't worry . be happy . the finest FT rifle ever made is still going . the ANSCHUTZ 8002 is ready to transform your scores ? yep even the welsh ??? HOLLY:D:)

10. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Praise

Praise the Lord. Holly is still talking SHITE haahaahaahaa.....

Berty

11. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Is that waht you used this year?

12. RobF

Club:
    Holly only does things 3 ways.

The hard way.

The barmy way.

Or another way that no-one has ever contemplated.

I don't think i'll ever see the salmon turn and swim downstream with the tide to make his life easier, but we'll all be beyond redemption when he leaps the falls and nails it with something that everyone said it shouldn't or couldn't be done with. Thing is, the bugger can bloody well do it.

13. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Nope .

no mate , i could not afford one . BUT i am thinking of taking up photography . getting money for old rope , i should be able to afford one ??? HOLLY:):D

14. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Silly .

Silly boy . BUT you will learn in the end berty ??? HOLLY:eek::D

15. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    ROB , you do not realise it , but the madness has already started to grip you . YOUR not shooting your number one outfit . no you are shooting a springer . yes allright it is not the run of the mill springer . but it is still a very difficult thing to shoot well ? your starting to get the results that will bring you nearer the puff gun shooters . you like that . you get satisfaction from that . the madness is closing in . in forty years time . you wil be the new/old holly . nutty as a fruit cake will say the new heroes , that rob is . still shooting that nasty old lg300 . when we have the latest whiz bang MK 6 .trouble is the old boy can do it . we will have to make a complaint to the BFTA . or nick his wheelchair . yeah that will sort the old sod out . ( but it won't ) ??? HOLLY

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  16. RobF

Club:
    lol.... :D... and probably true :D

17. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC
    Can t see Walther developing a 16J LG400 if the LG 300 (Dominator) isn t selling in sufficient volume. None of the German Target gun manufacturers have perused the FT market with any success commercially due to low volume sales and German firearms law bureaucracy.

It would seem that Umerex as a manufacturer are pinning their future FT success on the Hammerli brand, with the AR20FT. My guess the AR20 is made outside the Fatherland and avoids the bureaucracy and associated costs. Umarex would then peruse the profitable 10m market with the premium Walther brand.
    Could there be an opening in the market for a professional LG400 conversion along the lines of the Wellam Anschutz or Early Hydrographics LG100. This gun could then encompass the required mods needed to make it competitive.

18. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Non-UK rifles

The problems seem to stem with the fact that as already said, FT or HFT does not purchase enough rifles from certain manufacturers for them to support the sport and continue making rifles for us.

It is a shame that Walther will not be making rifles that are suitable for our sports but will only make rifles for 10m etc. Due to the fact this is where they sell more rifles and make more money!!!

You then look at UK rifle manufacturers such as Air Arms and Daystate to see that they put alot of their time and effort into producing rifles for our sports to suit our needs.

When manufacturers dont want to support our sport it is sad to see that their rifles do incredibly well in both sports and yet they will not adapt a rifle to suit. I know it would be costly to them to develop a rifle but when they already have the technology and knowledge of what type of rifle is needed such as the Walther/Steyr then why cant they just ensure that their rifles could still be used for our sports.

I like to see a variation of rifles out there competing in the sports as it shows that there isnt any domination of any 1 rifle etc in the sport.

Berty

19. RobF

Club:
    it's the usual problem of low volume of sales, and high demands placed on the equipment.

i can see it being kudos to an outside company, to develop something that stands the rigours, but only if the sport was understood in a wider context as being a test of kit. Certainly we know scopes that have good standing in other shooting sports, yet aren't seen as so good in FT terms because they get tested so hard.

Perhaps when manufacturers understand FT/HFT, we may get more offerings... i think in some circles it's still seen as perhaps just playing with airguns outdoors... which i suppose is fair comment to the uninformed... and all the tech gear just looks like pissing about. It's when you talk to other shooters from other disciplines, about having one shot at a target of unknown distance, over differing ground, from conditions of -10 to + 40, rain or shine, in 3 positions, with airguns, that they can compare back and see that their disciplines often offer an easier time on the kit.

20. villiers

Club:
    Bisley
    I shot the three days of the worlds this year with one of the owners of Steyr he was well into his FT and to see the Steyr service team at the shoot says a lot, they are in it for the long haul. Its a shame that walther dont feel the same, as i sent them a email before the worlds asking if they would be there and got no reply. They missed out on sales or work.