1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand new TX 200 HC superb performance straight out of the box.

Discussion in 'Piston & Spring' started by Amac, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Amac

Amac Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Well, having recently bought a new 97 and not being particularly impressed with its performance prior to the full Paul Short titanium piston tune, I picked up a brand new TX on Thursday last week.
    This was mainly to draw a direct comparison between both of these popular guns in their standard state of tune.
    Having run a TX about a decade ago, the full length rifle was certainly accurate and never missed a beat. I debated whether to go once again for the full length gun but thought I would try the shorter version.
    Having fitted the scope yesterday, I spent about five minutes zeroing the gun and then, along with several other Rivington members, spent a happy four hours this afternoon shooting at rolled pellet tins and other reactive targets at our indoor range.
    I am sure my right shoulder and elbow will be suffering tomorrow, but having got through a tin of Mosquitos, I can honestly say that the TX, without even an adjustment to the trigger performed brilliantly and was an absolute joy to shoot almost to the point of exhaustion (mine, not the guns!)
    For a gun to literally be lifted out of the box and to perform so accurately with a lovely "traditional" firing cycle was an absolute joy. This not only confirms how sad I am at the type of things which now float my boat, but also the high standard of product that is produced by a British company.
    As a leftie, I had to order the full hit walnut which in all fairness is not the nicest graining I have seen on Air Arms/Minelli walnut. It is a beautiful shape more importantly and fits the hand perfectly. The bluing in my opinion remains the highest standard of any production air rifle and is again a credit to the manufacture.
    I am of course aware that most of you will probably currently own or have recently owned a TX and are well aware of the guns capabilities.
    For me, my new gun has reminded me just how good the TX is. It, in my own opinion, far outclasses the 97 out of the box and there is really no comparison.
    Just had to get that off my chest!
    Have a great new year folks.
    Andy

Neil180 likes this.
  2. FPoole

FPoole Member

For the lefty part, it always makes me wonder what people are thinking when they complain that the TX doesn't come in an ambidextrous stock. The stock fits so well and the port is on the correct side. What more could you want? Air Arms should be thanked for providing us the option.

3. Amac

Amac Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    I couldnt agree more! There is no compromise with this stock. It is a proper left hander and has a superbly shaped pistol grip for great gun fit. Delighted with mine!
    Andy

4. Amac

Amac Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    I dont know if this particular gun just suits my shooting style better than the opposition, but whatever it is allows me to manage a level of accuracy that regularly surprises me. It eats both AA Field and Mosquitos and churns them out with remarkable consistency, although the Mosquitos are flying a touch quickly and close to the border. My only problem now is fighting off the urge to get the longer version as well. I am bollocksed with the Pro Sport as they dont do a left hooker anymore. Should have kept the last one!
    Andy

5. mitigator

mitigator Dan Smith

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Just picking up my 177 leftie walnut stock std barrel today - can’t wait.

6. Amac

Amac Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Do you like it?

7. mitigator

mitigator Dan Smith

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC