Bought my first PCP! *grin*

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by bfto_connor, Oct 12, 2010.

1. bfto_connor

bfto_connor New Member

:D :D :D those faces can only mean one thing, I just bought a shiny new S400 classic! :D :D

2. paula

paula Senior Member

jolly Well done,you wont go far wrong with an s400 :D:D:D
    atb
    Phil

3. bfto_connor

bfto_connor New Member

Thanks!
    I've been reading posts on here and other forums and most seem to think it's a solid beginner/intermediate rifle and after shooting one for a couple of hours I got on with it much better than I did with other rifles for the same money.

4. bfto_connor

bfto_connor New Member

Just have to wait until Thursday for it to get to the shop :0/

5. Shaun

Shaun Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Harriers
    A good choice Connor, enjoy :)

6. bfto_connor

bfto_connor New Member

Thanks mate, went down the club for an hour this evening again with the club S400 and loved it!
    need to save pennies for some glass tho...

7. bfto_connor

bfto_connor New Member

Hi again folks,

Picked up my new box fresh S400 today filled it with air, fitted the scope and took it down the club to chrono it and zero the scope.
    Put loads of pellets through the chrono and it was fairly consistent around the 11.5 mark, sometimes a little under, sometimes a little over but all fine so then i zeroed the scope.
    Didnt take long zeroed at 30yds and almost right away started to produce some nice groupings (helped by almost zero wind)
    had a slight hiccup though, I dont have my own cylinder so intended to use the club one until i can grab my own.
    So i run low on pressure and head to the clubhouse for a refill only the cylinder hose plug thing doesn't fit my gun, so there ended my shootign for the evening!
    I was told to go to best fittings but im not 100% sure what i should be buying lol
    I was told that my gun has the new AA T-style adapter where as the club cylinder has the old AA style adapter?
    appreciate any advice otherwise ill jst have to call best fittings and ask i guess?

ATB

Connor.

8. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Fittings

Connor,

If the club cylinder has the older style AA fitting, then see if you can purchse the male end to fit that one that is on the bottle now, connect it to the one that you have been supplied with your rifle and you will end up with yours fitting onto your clubs bottle easy enough.

This is the easiest way I can think of. Once you get the maale fitting which matches the female on the bottle then make sure you put a doubty washer in between your fitting and the old style male end. Maker sure you tighten them up together well.

That should sort out your problems for you then fella....

Enjoy your new sport as trust me, you will be hooked into it. Ive been into ft mainly but now also enjoy shooting hft, even though I cant rangefind for crap at it, I still love getting involved in the sports.

Berty

9. alan-aitch

alan-aitch I'll practice tomorrow...............

Club:
    Bisley
    AA fitting

When are you next at the club, Connor? I almost certainly have one of the fittings at home that you can have, I'll be there Sunday for the Classic.

Alan.

10. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Fitting

I forgot to add, with the male fitting, you need to knock out the centre pin for the aair to paass through to fill your bottle.

The man to speak to is Mike Williams, I think his name on here is mikewills8904.

Berty

11. samADAMSON

samADAMSON New Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Nice Choice, I bought the S400k as my starter gun and I love the thing.

12. bfto_connor

bfto_connor New Member

Been shooting with the S400 for a little while now and im 100% satisfied i made the right choice, its amazing considering the price tag! charging has been sorted out having bought the adapter from best fittings, and until i can get a cylinder im filling at the club or at fultons. Thanks for the advice its really helped in fact i'd go as far as to say ive never met a more helpful bunch (both here and at the club!)

Only thing now is to get into a competition... :D