Bottle tests

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Zimbo, May 14, 2019.

1. Zimbo

Zimbo Steve Collett

I apologise if this is a daft question, I’ve trolled the tinterweb and couldn’t find an answer!

When I gave up FT quite a while ago, I had 2 bottles for my guns, but haven’t used them for over 6-7 years they have just sat in a shed.

Will these be ok for me to take in for re-testing or are the scrap because of the time elapsed?

Steve

2. Evo

Evo Scouser by Birth mfta shooter by choice

Club:
    ByleyFTC, the Dib,Blackbrook
    Get them re tested steve

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    No not scrap, they'll just be out of test, so just take them in and get them tested.

However depending on what they are in terms of pressure, head type and size it might be worth considering a new replacement just because although it might be more money it might be more cost effective in the long run. For instance a couple of 232's with heads that aren't surface only could be replaced by one single big 300 surface only... with hydrostatic tests costing maybe £50 a throw before any work that might need doing, you could be 1/2 way to a 300 12L that doesn't need testing for another 5 years. Depends on what you have but just thought i'd mention it.

4. Zimbo

Zimbo Steve Collett

Thanks for your help, Ill get down to the local diving centre.

5. miketowler

miketowler Active Member

Club:
    Nomads, furnace mill
    Just heads up best fittings has a sale on some bottles at the moment!

6. Jesim1

Jesim1 Active Member

Club:
    BOAC, BGC
    I'd also check with Mr Google if there is a firm local who does this kind of work, the one I use is about £20 for a test and fill, a dive shop sends them out and has to make something for the trouble, so are usually £40/50 a go - you could save £50 on two cylinders ;)

James