Both Ways

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by The Inkerman, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Inkerman

The Inkerman Banned

Club:
    Castle
    Due to an error in my assumption that people may have a sense of humour i was banned from sales......the said sales ban was to be lifted at 2300 hrs today.......it's now 2318 hrs today and i can't get onto sales ?

Do we not live in a democracy ? So surely the rules should work both ways ?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  2. Dale

Dale Active Member

Society might be a democracy, but forums such as these are privately owned and run to rules set by the owner/administrator.

Perhaps the admin is doing something connected with having a life beyond the forum and had forgotten about this.

Sending a polite reminder might help.

3. skires

skires Well-Known Member

The rules re sales have been made clear a few times.

Don't post unless you are involved in the sale.

It's tempting at times to post a funny in there ... but it must get frustrating for sellers/buyers and mods when they are gettiing posts not directly related to the sale.

You can't really allow the quite funny ones but ban the guys who are just a nuisance ... so it's easier to just say anyone posting and not involved in the sale will get a ban.

It's really not worth struggling in the quicksand fella ... you'll go further down. Deep breath ... pm to the mods asking if your ban can be lifted please ... move on.

... I'm more disturbed by the fact that I was so quick to click on a thread entitled ... " Both ways".

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  4. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

I reckon that maybe, just maybe at 11pm on a Thursday the mods who have fulltime jobs have better things to be doing. It'll likely get done at some point in the next few days.

I know the weather is a bit pap and it's dark early, but querying a ban less than 20mins after it;s due to be lifted?

5. saddler

saddler Phil Gee

Club:
    Millride
    Moaning about your ban being 18 minutes too long is going to either:

a. Make the Mods rush about ensuring your ban is lifted and email you a grovelling apology.

b. Not give a flying one, and probably take an extra couple of days.

Maybe we could have a poll?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.