Boots

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Anon, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Anon

Anon Non member

Am looking for a new pair of boots for FT shooting, just wondering what you guys reccomend.

regards,

Matt

2. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

I loved the Lowa Mountain boot as I prefer a really stiff sole

3. Feral

Feral New Member

4. TOOL

TOOL Independent FT Pumper

Humber Bridge , Barrow-on-Humber in Bomber County
    Club:
    EFTA England
  5. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

I went into Oswald Baileys & bought a pair of old style brown leather hiking boots for about £60 & a tin of wax treatment.
    They give me the waterproof effect that my previous shooting boots didn't(Magnums) & the sole rigidity that the positional shots require, I even occasionally walk in 'em!;)
    When they wear I'll be going to get another pair, they do the job.

6. rich

rich Active Member

A pair of Rigger boots.

For taking kneeling shots you are allowed to support the bottom of your spine on your heel but the sole of your foot must be vertical when viewed from behind. Basically you can use your foot for support but you can't sit on it with it turned over.

Rigger boots have a steel liner in the sole and this makes them very good at giving extra support. Any boot that flexes like a trainer or a running shoe will not give this support.

A pair will cost you about £30 or so, you can spend more if you like of course. A good dose of Nikwax, not the liquid stuff but the creamy paste in a tin that stinks to high heaven, rubbed in well before you use them, and you should get suppleness and water-resistance in the uppers and support from the soles.

I've just got to go and get a replacement pair; the ones I'm chucking out I bought in the summer of 2003 and I've worn them for every shoot ever since, plus lots of other times, range maintenance, gardening etc.

7. Anon

Anon Non member

I like the look of the LOWA ones, must admit - need to find a local stockist.

For the money though the viper tacticals look good as well - how stiff are the soles?

My problem is that if I wear walking boots I struggle to lay my forward foot flat to the floor so was wondering what you guys wear.

regards,

Matt

8. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    I have just written a review on the Jack Pyke countryman boots.

Really comfortable, Very waterproof, good insulation and the best pair of boots I have ever owned.

Gary

9. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Do they do them in PINK :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

10. MojoCrow

MojoCrow New Member

Aaron Distribution are the importers/UK Distributors for Lowa. You can have a rummage through the boots and track down a stockist.

We deal with Aaron Distribution and they are very good with the after sales service (Three Lowa boots returned for different reasons and they have either replaced or repaired. We've sold lots of Combat & Mountain boots and had plenty of satisfied punters.).

One thing with the Lowa boots is that they are an accurate fit and you may find that a half size would be necessary.

11. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    Le Chameau Mouflon take a lot of beating, nice and rigid and very waterproof and warm

12. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC
    Brasher Azuma GTX have good ankle support, Gore Tex lining and good stiff sole for arround £110. Very light weight and excellent grip pattern so you dont slip over and smash youre pride and joy.

13. D Martin

D Martin Non member

I've just got some of these :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SECURITY-TACT...ash=item3ef36d71f2&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

They're made by Mil-Tec.

First impressions, they are very comfortable, light weight yet well made for the money and loads better than the old british army boots that used to make my feet hurt like hell after an hour.
    Delivery was quick too next day.
    The shop site is worth a look at he's got some reasonable stuff.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2009
  14. poison dwarf

poison dwarf BANNED

Club:
    tondu /quarry
    Hanwags for me. a crackin boot and will last you for years :D