Booking now open for the BFTA Grand Prix Series

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by RobF, Feb 25, 2010.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    [xFLOAT=left]http://shooting-the-breeze.com/internal/logos/bfta.jpg[/xFLOAT]Booking info for the BFTA Grand Prix Series
    See the BFTA website :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  2. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    open 6 weeks before each shot date, another week yet for gp1??

3. Ian Harford

Ian Harford Anyone seen Ted today?

Do we know why it's only 6 weeks in advance? I booked everything up front last year and it made it dead easy!

I can be a bit forgetful (busy with business & shooting during the summer) you see and dont want to miss out!

4. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

The whole pre-booking system is pants anyway Ian...did you manage to make all the GP's last year?

I wanted to shoot a few last year but was told i would have to risk a 4 hour round trip to find out whether i could shoot or not:(...ridiculous!!

This year i'm booking them all despite knowing that, due to work constraints, i might only make 50%....sounds harsh but that's the system the BFTA have decided on and i'd rather book over the top than risk missing out.

I think they should allow people to book for the whole series but then take a deposit, say 50% of the round cost...then if people can't make it they are more likely to say so before the shoot instead of not just turning up on the day. A window of say, 2 weeks before the shoot, any later and you forfeit your deposit.

Maybe you and i could make an agreement to send each other an email 6 weeks before each shoot as a reminder:D

5. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

To be honest Chris it's a no win situation whatever the BFTA do.

If they took a 50% booking fee do you think it would stop people cancelling for the sake of £5, what tended to happen under the old system is people are very keen at the start of the season & book the lot, as the season progresses they might have other commitments or not be shooting that well so they start to drop out. I know I did the same for the last few rounds last year to shoot a bit more HFT, luckily I informed the hosting clubs I wasn't coming in plenty of time, unfortunately a lot don't bother :(

Under the new system you will have to book 6 weeks in advance so there will probably be less drop outs due to the above reasons, maybe the BFTA should combine the new system with your £5 system as it might weed out a few more drop outs.

6. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Good point Pete about the dropping out. Myself, i am prepared to pay the full amount at booking time and not have it back if i dont turn up.

7. loopyloo

loopyloo Member

Club:
    Bisley
    my two penith worth

The bookings are not easy to manage its reliant on someone to not only take this booking but sort the lane and e.mail back to say booking confirmed. Which sounds dead easy but we are talking of busy people like yourselves doing the job as a favour.

( I cant even get a club to answer to if they have insurance or pay on time)

The BFTA are trying to play a happy medium. People pre booked the whole season and because no one ended up letting them know the details as they had booked 3-4 months in advance and the club hadnt actually got round to finding someone to do this task the bookings sat on the BFTA web. Which then led to people booking again causing the club even more hassle.

Now taking payments in front that is another mine field that no-one wants to take on. Who wants to look after the logistics of money and possibly organising refunds or whether someone has or hasnt paid. Also if you dont turn up because there was a family emergency whom gets to decide whether you get your money back or not. One bad decision and the BFTA will get bad press again.

What about the many people whom actually dont use the internet in the first place.(Yes there are still quite a few)

If you turn up at a shoot you are guaranteed to shoot the pre booking was to help get alot of the things sorted pre shoot.

There seems to be a for and against whatever is decided. The BFTA are trying this way and if it calls for a change im sure for next year they will try another idea. So this calls for the shooters to make a comment to the regional rep to bring to the meeting so the ideas get discussed not just talk amongst yourselves.

lyn

8. RobF

Club:
    Unfortunately Chris, the BFTA were in that position because they were put in it by shooters not turning up and the message that they weren't going to didn't get out to whereever it needed to.

I know, I had one shooter travelling with me that I put on the waiting list weeks before the shoot, and he only just got in. We drove him up for the AM session especially, because there were no PM session spaces, and voila, there were spaces in the PM session due to drop outs... I didn't want to risk him being able to shoot PM either.

I would like to see a deposit for pre-booking, perhaps the whole lot, but as loopy says, it opens a whole new can of worms... + there's paypal or CC charges to absorb somewhere.

I'll see if I can put the pre-booking openings in the calendar, and then you can request an event reminder and the board will send you an email.

Hows that for service? :D

9. loopyloo

loopyloo Member

Club:
    Bisley
    Thats what we like to see

Someone thinking of a solution i love the reminder thingy the alfa romeo site has that option :D

loopy

10. SIMONH

SIMONH Giddy Kid

I booked in on line for GP1 last night and now can't find the option on the BFTA site. Where's it gone and will my booking still be valid does anyone know??

11. RobF

Club:
    email roger , he's bound to know :)

12. Ian Harford

Ian Harford Anyone seen Ted today?

Yep, made all of them, and had a very enjoyable season. :D

That wouldn t be a bad idea! :D

And I for one appreciate all you guys do for us. Without the work of the BFTA Committee, regional and club volunteers we wouldn t be able to enjoy our sport. :cool:

Agreed, but gauging opinion and gaining a reasonable consensus is also sensible before bombarding the reps…. I wasn t ‘poking the hornets nest just asking why things had changed as there isn t any clear information posted on the BFTA website. This seems to be the right place as my question seems to have ben answered! :)

Spot on thanks Rob. :cool:

13. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Agreed...the logistics of keeping tabs on people and refunds would be prohibitive and it would only work if someone could work full time on it, unfortunately we all have lives outside of shooting;)

Maybe a 3 strike rule?.....if you book and then don't turn up (with no notice to the organisers) 3 times then you are blacklisted for the following GP series. Harsh i know but something has to be done as some are spoiling it for the others....as usual;):rolleyes::D

14. RobF

Club:
    I think it's all been mooted... including 3 stikes... but I think there was also a concern not to make dramatic leaps and see how this works.

I think the BFTA are looking for something that can solve the problem without creating more.

I'll email steve and see if the BFTA board can send out a notice when the booking is open... if he can sort that then it hopefully help :)