BlueShot chrono app

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by chrisc, Jan 8, 2015.

1. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

I saw this mentioned on the BBS and decided to give it a go as a mate had 2 Combro Mk4's sat doing nothing. What can i say...it's brilliant. The combro is powered by my Samsung phone and auto re-sets after each shot. The cable is long enough so that you can shoot groups whilst HFT prone or FT sitting (actually long enough for standing, just) and the phone is recording every shot you take. particularly good if you're getting the odd flyer and want to see what the chrono reading was for that particular shot....superb for problem solving/helping. One of the combro's i have has a problem where the reading can't be swapped (stuck on PDS for some reason) but doesn't matter to the app.

Cables for most phones and work with the CB625 and the Alpha (connector dependant)
    http://www.zbm2.com/blueshot/
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zbm2.blueshot

And no...i have no links at all to the company.:)

2. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    I have no doughts

does look Good Chris, on your head I have ordered one :)!

3. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns... Thanks Guy's
    Me too........On your head Chris:D:D:D

4. rick

rick Member

I bought one, it doesn't work on my Nexus 4 phone thank to google for not fully implementing OTG. Plugged it into a Hudl 2 and it connected without a problem.

OTG Short for USB On-The-Go, an extension of the USB 2.0 specification for connecting peripheral devices to each other. If you can connect a mouse to your phone or tablet then the Blueshot should work according to the expert who explained it all to me.

5. chris.allum

chris.allum Member

Club:
    Wendover
    Sucks , it doesn't work on an iPhone !

6. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

:D:D

Will see if it works on my Galaxy tab this weekend. I tried it on 2 Steyr's with air strippers fitted, MPR and a moderated HW100 with no problems at all.

A rather interesting side comment though is that there is a graph display in the software. I shot 40 shots with the HW100 and it showed a max deviation of just over 10fps with unweighed pellets and then i shot another 10 shots using weighed (smack on 8,44) and it showed a max deviation of 2,36fps. More testing this weekend and if i have time i will try and do screen grabs of the charts.

As Brian Samson and i have spoken about before....it's not a true indication of down range deviation but none the less, a very handy tool for the money. As long as you don't have a poxy Apple product;):D

7. chris.allum

chris.allum Member

Club:
    Wendover
    a very handy tool for the money. As long as you don't have a poxy Apple product;):D[/QUOTE]

Yeah , that's the part that sucks !

8. biggeorge

biggeorge Member

Club:
    Guiseley FTC
    I've just got a usb/serial lead so I can plug my combro into my mac.
    It saves the string as a numbers doc so you can print it and the app gives you the spread and wether you're legal or not.
    Nice bit of kit and the lads at combro were great during the set up as it was not sending the corrected spd to my pc.
    They changed their software meanwhile I gave up and managed to get it sorted on the mac.

9. Steve

Steve Member

Ordered yesterday,arrived today.Great service and a great product;)

10. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Chris has never let me Down

Received the Blueshot thing yesterday. Just done a short test session.

superb, anyone with a Combro and a system that can run this should have one.

Does everything Chris explained and will be invaluable aid for checking guns/pellets etc.

11. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

And it's cool.....