FT Blackbrook FTC 50 Shot Winter Series Open (West Midlands) [17 Nov, 2019]

Discussion in 'Calender Events' started by Darron, Oct 1, 2019.

Blackbrook FTC 50 Shot Winter Series Open
Start Date: 17 Nov, 2019 09:30 AM
End Date: 17 Nov, 2019 03:30 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT

Blackbrook FTC (Blackbrook Country Sports)
London Road, Weeford, Nr Lichfield
West Midlands WS14 0PS

Posted By: Darron

Confirmed Attendees: 1
You can not RSVP for this event...

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 1
  1. Darron

Darron Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Blackbrook FTC
    Hello Bobby, let me try and enlighten you mate if i can but firstly i want to make the following points:
    1, I appreciate the location of our ground wont suite everyone but you will appreciate we cant help that. You attended the GP that we held and paid the same price of £12 to shoot 50 targets and all were doing is asking for the same again so whats the difference?
    2, The number one consideration that everyone has to get their head around is that Blackbrook is primarily a business and is not a "club" in the true sense of the word and when you compare to other traditional FT Clubs. It would help for the purpose of this discussion if Blackbrook was viewed as an airgun facility rather than a "club".

If i can give you some idea of the thinking behind Blackbrook from conception. Blackbrook wanted to become and still strives to be one of the, if not the premier airgun facility's in the UK. I think we have ticked that box very well to date but the nature of the people involved means that we wont stand still and will continue to develop the facility as much as we can, as i write this a second plinking shed is being constructed along with final touches to our commercial standard dive bottle fill facility.

What i will say loud and clear at this point is that all that the owner wants from FT is to break even not to make a penny is fine but it is not sustainable to hold major shoots that actually COST the business money. You may ask so how does holding an FT shoot cost us money? here goes

Forget the return on investment an Investment that everyone can clearly see at Blackbrook from hard standing car parks to brand new targets, commercial dive bottle filling ete etc, lets put that aside for a moment, oh and please also remember that someone had to buy the land in the first place!

Chris and i share a similar mind set when it comes to FT (and for me in life in general) and that is the 80/20 rule. I believe that FT fits this rule perfectly. So what is the 80/20 rule? well what it means is that in FT all of the work will be done by 20% of the people while 80% want to turn up shoot and go home without touching a single target (or in your case hitting a target lol) sorry i couldn't resist. I dont think there is anything wrong with the 80% that do nothing but want it all laid on, shoot and go home as long as they recognise that there is a cost to that. The cost in real terms is that the "other" 20% end up doing all the work or in Blackbrook's case Chris and his staff end up doing all the work. Now obviously Chris is not an FT shooter and he is entitled to receive recompense for his labour? So if we pay Chris the minimum wage of say £8 an hour and we know it takes 40 hrs to prepare a 5o shot course (forget all the ground clearing gear costs etc etc, that means that his costs are £320 before we start. At this point bare in mind that Blackbrook was set up from day one for shooters and members who were expected to do no more than turn up and shoot and the rest would be done for them. This was a business decision along the lines of who do we want to cater for ? the 20% of grafters who are entrenched in there own clubs and probably wont join anyway or the 80% of journey men who just want to come shoot and go home. It was a no brainer to us.

I think FT is at a point where it has to ask itself what does it want? do we want world class facilities like we are trying to build or are we happy just opening up the back end of a trailer on a Sunday morning and having the same old half a dozen (if your lucky) guys put out the targets for the rest of the members to do nothing? theirs nothing wrong with that at all but we have to understand that the two scenarios have very different COST bases.

I hope that enlightens you a little to our thoughts Bobby, Maybe there is no place in FT for businesses like Blackbrook and if thats how it is then thats how it is but before anybody replies please remember what i said earlier "We are not looking for a dime profit from the FT side of the business but we also can not sustain making a loss every time we hold a regional or national shoot".

Hope that helps and we will be happy to answer any specific questions

Monkeyman, suds, Tel and 4 others like this.
  2. scott pywell

scott pywell Active Member

Club:
    Blackbrook and Hereward
    Darron I understand where your coming from and have no problem with it I just want to have a shoot every Sunday and appreciate your doing something to fill the week in between the winter league and at the end of the day it only a couple of quid.
    Castle portcullis is £10 top 10 cash prize
    ETL 50 £9 + 1 for golden bunny trophy for all grade
    Blackbrook £12 medal all grades plus cash prizes after mini series
    It seem very similar to me

top gun phil and Darron like this.
  3. Evo

Evo SCOUSER and top wheel nicker

Club:
    ByleyFTC, the Dib,Blackbrook
    cheers for the reply Daz, appreciated buddy and i do see where chris and yourself are coming from, i was merely pointing out the returns against the cost for those travelling, i will always support FT where i can as you know bud

top gun phil and Darron like this.
  4. Darron

Darron Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Blackbrook FTC
    Thanks mate and your welcome. Please dont think that I think your one of the 20% either cuz I dont you've never been shy to give a hand with marshalling etc.

top gun phil and Evo like this.
  5. AIRFIX GILLY

AIRFIX GILLY WFTA World Champion 2012

Club:
    Castle
    I thought the 20%’s were the good guys..? So your saying Bob is a Panda?

Welsh Wizard likes this.
  6. Darron

Darron Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Blackbrook FTC
    Lol yea I fecked that up didnt I. Bob has done his fair share of marshalling at BB and other places no issues there. There all good guys it's just that some people want to turn up shoot and go home and if I'm not at Blackbrook I'm one of them myself as you know.

7. Ratinator

Ratinator member of the 39 club , twice

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Jesus
    Japan really has tried every avenue to get their breeding programme on track .
    Might be a market for panda shell suits in the near future .

8. Darron

Darron Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Blackbrook FTC
    Lol Panda = eats, shoots and leaves

9. Glenn

Glenn New Member

Well thats told me. If i turn up at a shoot that is all i do. When work days get in the way or health does. And when people dont let others know when works to be done. Then i may turn up. If it was my club.
    But aren't you being condescending toward thoughs that cant turn up. Which in turn is saying to thoughs that dont. Don't come. Thats not the piont of it is it.
    You want people to attend. Thats the whole piont. As for the £12 its nothing. If you didnt go, you'd do something else, which in my case would leave me thinking, **** i wish id gone shooting. I enjoy shooting and the company of others that shoot. So to me it not about the money ever. I maybe skint. But if ive 20 sqiud in my pocket I'm shooting. Somewhere.?
    Theres no bad guys. Or gals. Just people wanting to enjoy a day out shooting with like minded people. Sounds reasonable to me £12.
    I know of people that have gone down a different rd and made it cheap.
    Now people complain theres no facilities.
    So they dont come. To be honest. I couldn't give a fxxx. If you don't like it. Dont go. But don't criticise those that are trying to make it work.
    Good luck Blackbrooke. If You doing any HFT?
    I'll be there. Just to shoot mind. None of this work malarkey. Haha.
    Theres always strings attached.??

10. Glenn

Glenn New Member

Ps. I always appreciate those that do the work.
    Without them there would be no ft. Or hft.
    I take my hat of to them. I wish i could be there helping. But when, where, how. Is always appreciated. No good turning up to help when theres no one there to direct you.

top gun phil and scruff like this.
  11. Darron

Darron Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Blackbrook FTC
    Hello Glen, Thanks for the above, im going to pick a few bones out of what you've said if thats ok

Firstly i am sure that every weekend up and down the country there are shooters / members of clubs whom have a genuine reason why they cant help put out courses etc. I think that "we" have to be very careful not to assume that "we" are busier, or less able bodied than anybody else. To the same end there are plenty of able bodied and not so busy shooters whom have no intention of helping whatsoever and again i personally (and Blackbrook) have no problem with that. In fact Blackbrook was and is set up for people who dont want to do anything but shoot! just come along and pay your money its all done for you regardless of if you are a member or visitor and thats how we like it! you wont hear anybody at Blackbrook moaning about people not helping set courses, now as for Blackbrook members not helping with things like marshalling at regional / national events thats a different matter that we will address.

"But aren't you being condescending toward thoughs that cant turn up?. Which in turn is saying to thoughs that dont. Don't come. Thats not the piont of it is it.
    You want people to attend". I think ive answerd that above Glen that was never in our thinking and im not sure where youve got that from?

We are just starting out with HFT Glen and i would really recomend that you pop along and see what we have to offer! Hope to see you there!

Glenn likes this.
  12. Glenn

Glenn New Member

It'll be a pleasure to shoot there. Darren.

Darron likes this.
  13. Darron

Darron Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Blackbrook FTC
    Let me know if and when you can make it Glen and I will make sure you get the guided tour of our facilities.

Glenn likes this.
  14. Welsh Wizard

Welsh Wizard FT: You Give, You take! Staff Member

Club:
    West Devon ftc

Bar the chrono!

ianspire likes this.
  15. Darron

Darron Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Blackbrook FTC
    Chronos are banned lol