Big Up MFTA - Thanks

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Yorkshiretea, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Yorkshiretea

Yorkshiretea B Grade Bandit

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Well it's coming to the end of the Midlands Winter League and I've got to say I've had a great time traveling to all the grounds, making new friends and shooting the courses.

Castle, Far Coley and Purley Chase have been my favourite grounds, Greyhound was the hardest to shoot and Woodend was the chuffing windiest course in the World.

Just wanted to say thanks to Gilly, Sam and Deb for looking after us and to everyone who's put all the work into the course, it's really appreciated.

It's a brilliant idea to run it alternate to NEFTA competitions and would encourage people to give it a go, most of the grounds are only an hour and a bit from Anston and it's great GP training with it being 40 targets.

Only improvements I'd make would be to add our scores up on spreadsheet, perhaps include us in Silli's and a visitors cup.

Thanks everyone, see you at Harriers and all next season.

2. AIRFIX GILLY

AIRFIX GILLY WFTA World Champion 2012

Club:
    Castle
    Thanks

Thanks Martin for glowing report of the MFTA Winter League.:)
    Visitors are all very welcome at our shoots and I know the extra revenue gained is very appreciated by the hosting clubs. I can tell you that the dates have already been set for next year and they will not clash with NEFTA. (Thanks to Trev for providing NEFTAs dates so quickly). Your final paragraph on improvements is noted and I shall make sure they go in front of the committee for consideration in April.
    Gilly.:)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  3. Yorkshiretea

Club:
    Anston FTC
    No problem mate, really enjoyed it and I love the 40 targets format because it really does give you a chance to correct a bad start, kinda useful when you're down in C Grade. Plus it helps keep you focused for GP's, where I'm often thinking about anything but the last 10 targets :) So, I loved that about it.

Shot around with some great people who've all offered advice and it's great to bump into a load of the Welsh lads as well. Defo be back next year.

Are you still doing the shorter summer season?

4. AIRFIX GILLY

Club:
    Castle
    Summer League

The MFTA Summer League dates are set and will be published very soon.
    Basically we have seven rounds at various Midland clubs. All 40 shot courses, shot gun start at 10.00am, all shot on Sundays and booking in on the day. None clash with GP`s. Visitors welcome but wont count in overall standings.
    Gilly:)

5. Gary Martin

Gary Martin sultans of spring

Club:
    harriers field target
    summer league

Andy, will the summer league be run by the MFTA? and will the scores count as part of the rolling twenty?

6. AIRFIX GILLY

Club:
    Castle
    Bfta graded

Gary, the courses will be set to current BFTA rules and so all scores will go towards shooters rolling twenty.

7. Ratinator

Ratinator 77.74

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Mfta Badge

Only improvements I'd make would be to add our scores up on spreadsheet, perhaps include us in Silli's and a visitors cup.

Thanks everyone, see you at Harriers and all next season.[/QUOTE]

Maybe someone will be kind enough to give you and you buddy an MFTA badge for attending all ten shoots.
    Not sure if your committed or need committing :D:D
    Simon

8. Yorkshiretea

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Music to my ears :) Book us in.

9. scruff

scruff Active Member

Club:
    purley chase
    will the recommended 90 yards combined on the bag be made into a proper rule....this sport is meant for all.:lev

10. Yorkshiretea

Club:
    Anston FTC
    :) It's not that Phil and I compete against each other, the reality is, we just want to get better and out of C Grade. Strangely, we've both been doing better at MFTA than NEFTA!!!!

I totally understand why visitors aren't in the running, makes sense to protect positions and awards when you're in the region and worked your socks off, totally behind that.

We defo need committing, just thought a visitors cup may encourage a few more visitors to get involved and something to go for, just an idea.

11. AIRFIX GILLY

Club:
    Castle
    Tell your rep

That's up to the committee to decide.

12. Gary Martin

Gary Martin sultans of spring

Club:
    harriers field target
    thanks for the clarification, that is good news.