big nikko wheel or ear type

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by sportsmatch, Aug 25, 2010.

1. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    which would give the largest gaps at the 50-55 yd mark on a mk3 big nikko

Gary

2. maestro

maestro European Champion 2018

Club:
    East Devon
    I think a not too big but very excentric wheel would give large gaps and still remain easy to handle:

Attached Files:

3. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Gery, have a look at Gp 8 pics. I am sure there is a photo there of a huge dagger shapped wheel on a big nikko.

4. rick

rick Member

This is a neat light weight wheel I get 25 to 60 yds on the large radius. I'm lefthanded so it allows me to load from the left.

[​IMG][/IMG]

5. wyseyes

wyseyes One Shot Wonder

I have made this type of wheel for the big Nikko, the D shape.

[​IMG]

The edge is serrated as the guy using it prefers to to rotate it with his thumb while holding the rifle still, and the range tape surface is 12mm flat. Overall diameter is 140mm, lots of choices in design and shape.
    Made of Laser cut Acrylic in three pieces, and all up with machining and fastenings it cost $80 NZ to make (= £35)

[​IMG]

This one is a recent design, with a Yang shape. The minor diameter (around the scope knob) is 80mm, slowly enlarging to the major at the tip of 220mm. OK it does have a very large diamter, but is rotated out of the way for storage. Again in Acrylic in 2 pieces, clamps to the scope knob with 3 grub screws. It cost me about $NZ45 to make, (= £20)

I'm gradually designing new shapes, all depending on the scope and rifle, and paying close attention to how the shooter uses and reads the wheel.

6. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    I should have made my post more clear only interested in the round wheel (not offset )or the rabbit ear type and made out of metal and of which out of the two would give the largest gaps at 50-55 yds thanks for the response

Gary

7. WHIZZER

WHIZZER Member

hi gary, on a 5" wheel you get about 8-10mm gaps, plenty big enough.The other type of sidewheel that was common on the mk1 and 2 is too big for the mk3 as the distance between the focusing point and the eyepiece is much shorter. hope that helps

regards

stuart

8. el tel

el tel New Member

Nikko big 60 wheel

---you have pm on its way----